Home

RoyTordesLegend, Artisa, Huz, Zoom Rabbit all on at the same time?Some sort of record

RoyTordesLegend

Roy! You live somewhere in England don't you? Y u no go comic con?! :mad:

comic con? I have nee idea what this is.

I live in the North East, where we all smell of real ale, coal and ferrets.

I was however at the North East Retro Gaming event at Gateshead Stadium on Sunday, which was great, loads of old coin-op arcade games and computers/consoles from the 70's, 80's and 90's.

and there was a Lucas moment there, some guy hogged the Amiga for ages playing Day of the Tentacle from beginning to end, ha!

Or just don't have a mobile phone at all?

Ha! You're not old enough to remember the days when we all had landlines, no mobiles, no internet, nowt like that. Dating was a nightmare, if you got a girls phone number, you had to hope her dad didn't answer, and vice versa if my granddad ever answered the phone when a girl rang for me, I never ever got the message lol.

In the old days, hanging up on someone was more satisfying. You could slam the phone down on the cradle and literally make the thing's bell ring because they were owned by the phone company and built strong enough to survive a nuclear strike (thereby giving America the ability to phone insults overseas as a second strike capability.)

Nowadays you touch a button on some little fairywinkle computerized thing and it goes *bip* in a civilized fashion. You can throw it if you're upset enough, but now you just destroyed your phone. :dozey: And all of the information stored in it.

I was born in 1985, not 2005.

Are you telling me you're not of the generation who started dating exclusively by mobile? Land line dating became tricky/nigh on impossible after 2000....luckily/unluckily I was shacked up with Mrs Tordes by then.

In the old days, hanging up on someone was more satisfying. You could slam the phone down on the cradle and literally make the thing's bell ring because they were owned by the phone company and built strong enough to survive a nuclear strike (thereby giving America the ability to phone insults overseas as a second strike capability.)

Nowadays you touch a button on some little fairywinkle computerized thing and it goes *bip* in a civilized fashion. You can throw it if you're upset enough, but now you just destroyed your phone. :dozey: And all of the information stored in it.

Aye, these days, a hang up blip is also likely to be accompanied by text warfare. I hate texts. One of my friends refuses to speak on the phone, only by text, he needs a slap.

Archived