Home

Does Lucasarts know about the Tank rush?

darthfergie

I was just thinking. Lots of armor, lots of fire power, transporting troops... That eaquals TANK RUSH. RA2 it didn't matter how slow your Apocolypse Tank was you could bast open a base quick with them. What does this game have that can counter them? Not much besides other mechs and one unique unit the Rebels have. I don't know is they have considered it at Lucasarts or not, but if they havn't...

Guest ZeroXcape

Rushing is a great part of any RTS. You can either gamble it all and win or fight a losing battle if you mess up.

While I admit that most rushing gets on my nerves, it keeps you from building your base too quickly w/o the proper fortifications.

Guest Telephius

rushing is part of strategy, I mean if it is too easy and is by far the only way one should play than that has to be fixed. other than that you should establish rules of engagement with the all the players to see if you want a countdown to attack.

Guest TS_Y0DA

I think rushing in this game will be hard because you have to build power cores to power your buildings as well as houses for all civs except trade federation. This will all take time.

I don't like rushing tactics very much. It takes out must of the fun out of a game. Why play a strategical and tactical game if you are only going to build as quick as possible to rush attack ? It becomes a race of the fastest "clicker":(

I think i read in a preview that the power cores we're quite expensive, thus making an early game rush difficult. Good.

In time, rushes will probably be discovered in whatever form they might come. After all, there's no RADICAL change in the engine, and the rushes were possible because of how the engine worked.

I think those things (discovering rushes, countering them, developing new tactics) is what gives a game like this it's incredible lifespan. Look at the forums of AOK; all most players talk about now is the latest strategies; not how to get through mission # 3 in a specific campaign.

Still the computer won't be much of a challange. Just mass your At-Ats and attack. There isn't much need to make infantry and only a few AA guns. In RA2 they at least gave you something to sustain the tank rush. Such as dug in infantry and fortefeid stuctures. In AoK you can start building towers in tech 2. So the only thing you have defending your self is a built up town center. And against a determined apponant it doesn't help much.:deathii:

Guest Tie Guy

Hmm, all i ever doo is infantry rush. I build up and army and then rush. While i'm gone another army is in the making, getting ready to rush. It is a rather nice strategy, but it can be expensive, although it is brutally effective.

BTW, the counter for just about anything in RA2 was keeping deployed elite GI in the choke points. You can forget about getting past them.

Guest Tie Guy

With say 20 or 30 elite GI, nothing can even get close enough to run over them, much less something fast. :D

Anyways, prism towers shoot a beam of sunlight and are brutally effective. And, as he said, they can double or triple their power by feeding into each other.

Most of the high-end units like Paladins in AOK were only available after a certain age...

Remember that your opponent has an army of it's own that you're rushing against.

AND you need to walk through the map to get to him, giving him more time to build a proper defense.

Shields will be crucial in GB when it comes to rushing, and i'm sure we're going to see some interesting articles on them..

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

Shields will be crucial in GB when it comes to rushing, and i'm sure we're going to see some interesting articles on them..

Funny you say that, cause i got this feeling that a ton of people are gonna think that shields are great, and all the rest are gonna think their cheap and annoying. It will be fun to see both kinds of articles.

Ferg, in GB they don't have to be as almighty when you can have shields in your base. Before the town centers and Castles were all you has besides guard towers to defend your base. Except units that it.

Originally posted by Kuma

I don't like rushing tactics very much. It takes out must of the fun out of a game. Why play a strategical and tactical game if you are only going to build as quick as possible to rush attack ? It becomes a race of the fastest "clicker":(

I think i read in a preview that the power cores we're quite expensive, thus making an early game rush difficult. Good.

I agree..The best battles take place when evryone is in the last Age.

Archived