Home

Republic Uniforms

Darth Obscurus

I apologize in advance if this thread is in the wrong area. It at least appears to be where I want to go to ask questions about mods, but I may be mistaken.

Anyway, I've re-installed KotOR I after a long time for the nostalgia factor it brings, though it took a while to get working on Windows 7. And with the game, I went out and scoured the KotOR modding scene for mods to improve the game in places I felt it could use improvement.

One of these place is the fact that the player, though they are supposed to be working with the Galactic Republic, do not have a Republic uniform in their starting footlocker. This has probably been talked about before, but hear me out. It also bothered me that Carth, a republic soldier/officer, wasn't wearing the red and yellow of the Republic Navy, so I got the 'Carth's Republic Uniform Plus' modification. After a while, I began thinking; it's normally impossible to add in the republic uniform without over writing the appearance of a certain armor-type, but in this mod Carth get's his uniform without this normal penalty. How is this? And is it possible to create a re-named version of Carth's uniform for the Player-Character?

EDIT: For reference, here is the Carth related mod: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Carths_Republic_Uniform_Plus;90597

I actually remember seeing this a couple years ago when I played it! Thank you very much, I'll take a look at it and see if it does the job. Thanks again. :D

UPDATE: This is almost exactly what I want. :) Ideally, I was looking for the uniform to be separate from the default clothing, as I'm really fond of the scout's default look, but eh, you can't win them all. And the helmet's a great touch! While I'm sure there probably is no way to do it, do you think it'd be possible to keep the appearance of the uniform (which seems to be it's own separate item) different from the generic Clothing? I do have a very basic knowledge of the KotOR Tool, and am trying to learn more.

Unfortunately there is not much I can do on that front. The appearance.2da file that controls these things has columns that are used for the armor/clothing slots. We are unable to add columns to create new armor models, so the best I can do is replace what's in the clothing column with the Republic Armor model. I know it's a bummer that you can't have both but that's the best we can do.

I actually remember seeing this a couple years ago when I played it! Thank you very much, I'll take a look at it and see if it does the job. Thanks again. :D

UPDATE: This is almost exactly what I want. :) Ideally, I was looking for the uniform to be separate from the default clothing, as I'm really fond of the scout's default look, but eh, you can't win them all. And the helmet's a great touch! While I'm sure there probably is no way to do it, do you think it'd be possible to keep the appearance of the uniform (which seems to be it's own separate item) different from the generic Clothing? I do have a very basic knowledge of the KotOR Tool, and am trying to learn more.

Well, it will do what you want and a bit more... One of my mods adds a separate footlocker in your room on the Endar Spire and has a custom piece of the default clothing based on your class. Each piece has bonuses and upgrades that make it actually worth keeping... :D

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/190-custom-class-clothing/

Archived