Home

SCUMMRev and Grim Special Edition

daltysmilth

Okay, after some investigation of my own, yes, SCUMM Revisited does work on Grim Fandango Remastered. But despite claims that the entire soundtrack was re-recorded, it sounds like a lot of it is exactly the same as the original. I think they re-recorded some tracks, and others seem to be using a higher quality, or at least a different synth than the original, but there's also a lot that they left exactly the same. Maybe they mostly brought the orchestra in for the cutscenes?

They used lab files again so use Scumm Rev 2 and it opens fine. At some point I'll add support for Grim to Doublefine Explorer too.

I had a quick look and you're right - it does seem like a lot of the music is the same. The easiest way to check would be to compare the .imc files in original grim to those in remastered.

• 3 months later...

Late in... I haven't looked that much at it (although I bought it on release date), but telarium did notify me that it worked.

And yeah, from what I've heard, I mostly heard reuse too. Although to be fair, they did up the sample rate, I think? (to give as good a quality as the original GrimE supported - but still lossy VIMA compression).

Archived