Home

Triumvirate Lords Of The Third Dimension

Well, I just made a quick test by loading some of the original TSL lightmaps with KAurora and... they are completely messed up. As opposed to Kotor's ones which are correct.

This means TSL uses a different lightmap format. :(

<sigh>

Avoid wasting your time importing lightmaps into TSL. They will not work.

[EDIT] or not...? now they are working.... this is totally weird, I need to understand what's going on...

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, textures are fine, in most spots, just one building, that goes wrong.

Saddly the lightmaps are all over the place, only a very few look correct.

Here some screenshots.

LightmapTestSley01.jpg

LightmapTestSley02.jpg

LightmapTestSley03.jpg

LightmapTestSley04.jpg

EDIT: Its cool though, where the "sun" hits the walls they go bright in colour of the light I've added in 3Ds Max.

Oh Dis, I've been thinking, we'll need to use the MOTHER file to render the shadows on the floor!

You only have to select the Floor mesh, and do a render to texture, that way, you'll get all the shadows of the building in the area.

Its one of those things that got me pondering on how to do :lol:

Since Max doesn't like to do a few hundreds of lightmaps in one go :)

EDIT2: But that's all for in the future, we'll have to use the same setup of lights in every out-door area.

Ok... this it totally weird. Looks like if I load only the Kotor II chitin.key file, the TSL lightmaps are all messed up, but as soon as I load the Kotor I chitin.key, they magically adjust themselves. Wtf?

Q, can you try loading the Kotor I chitin.key file into KAurora before exporting your model and then check the results?

Nope. I'm trying to run a test with the original models which came with TSL and I'm still getting the same weird result. Namely, if I try to render the lightmaps with the KAurora in-built renderer without pre-loading the Kotor I chitin.key file, they are all messed up. As soon as I load the chitin.key, clear memory, reload the model and render, they are magically correct.

Did you try loading Kotor I chitin.key file before loading the models and exporting them into binary format? If not, try it and let me know.

Also, I'd like to have all the files needed to warp to Sleheyron in game. I have lightmaps and textures but still missing the walkmesh, the .lyt, the .vis and the .mod file itself.

Forgive the ignorance, but I am not sure what you mean by loading the kotor I chitin.key file. How do I do this, as I have never done it before.

Q has the most recent version of the second area, he can send you those.

I will pack everything up, and provide links for you to areas 1 and 3. Be back soon.

As soon as you start KAurora, select "File --> Load Chitin Key". A file selection window will appear, just go to your Kotor installation directory and select the chitin.key file. There should appear a "+" before "Kotor I" in the main tree window, and if you expand you will get the chitin.key and all its BIF files nodes. After you've done that, proceed to export the model as you'd normally do.

Area 3 files:

Mod file:

http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/mag/m103dq.rar

Override files (mdl/mdx, vis and lyt)

http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com/sley/richarea/mag/area3Override.rar

Can we just focus on this one area? Its your call, I just dont want to send to much your way and clutter you :lol:

Q can send you Area 2, the market area (the screens he posted). That will give you 2 of our 3 areas to work with :)

Need anything else frm me?

One area to test is enough. But... uhm... I tried overwriting the .mdl and .mdx for the room 03c (the one for which I have the file exported from 3dsmax) and substitute in the override directory and I can't say I'm seeing any big difference, nor anything out of place. The only thing maybe is the white panels are superbright white, the rest looks pretty normal?

Here is all the correct mdl/mdx files, with lightmap code in em:

http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com//sley/richarea/mag/m103dq_mdlmdx.rar

And here is all the lightmaps I rendered for the area, you previously only had the c cut lightmaps:

http://www.rhoepsilonchapter.com//sley/richarea/mag/lightmaps.rar

Sorry im so stupid :lol:

If you warp there now you should see jacked up lightmaps

No, I also mean the lightmaps. Obviously you can't see everything because I only had the lightmap of one part of the zone, but the glow and those few shadows you can see in the picture look fine to me.

Let's try another way: can you also send me the text .mdl as exported from NWNmax, so I can regenerate the mdl and mdx files with my own Kaurora?

Archived