Home

Triumvirate Lords Of The Third Dimension

Ahoy !

Greetings !

Testing message :p

Added some pictures for your viewing pleasure :)

Think this a great way to get some good critics from fellow modellers, without hyping up the whole of Holowan on what where working on.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah! These are all great! What can I say? I'm workin' on a Revan with flowing cape, so I'll be busy for a couple of days. I have to animate 10000 (that's TEN thousand) frames, but I've got a pretty good rate, and 10% done in an hour or two. I'm working on the combat animations, and if they actually work, I'll start a WIP.

Thanks SS :)

The disco stuff is a mod I'm making with GloveMaster, he even did make a small program to put your own favourite music to be used in that little area.

There's even a Jukebox :p

And good luck on the cape adventure, looking forward to see the result.

Don't rush it, its the animations that sell a model, as it comes alive :)

I was wondering about the disco thing. Also, what's the middle one? Is that one of your areas for Silveredge? Whatever it is, it looks AWESOME!!! I wish I could show you guys some stuff, but not yet. When I get the Revan model in game, I'll be posting some pics.

Yeah, the middle one is the Bridge of Mandolore's ship, viewing the space battle above Malachor. Though the space battle is nothing more then some flat texture ships, blasting at each other.

I'll see if I can dig up some other screens on the bridge thing.

And the Disco is "killer", I'll put some other screens of the Arena that goes with this mod :p

And I'll gladlly await to see some other stuff of yours SS.

Well, I actually don't have much stuff due to recent complications, but I'll get to working on it. It's just a bit hard to completely start over. Quick question though, what do you do for lights? I could use a bit of help with that. It's the area I'm struggling in the most.

Well I still Just ise the AuroraDlights, but things like my DiscoFloor are kind of Fake lights.

In 3D-Max in the material palette, just next to the Diffuse( the one where you put your textures in) and Ambient Channel, right of it is the SelfIllumination.

Normally you would just have to fiddle and expirement with that, but saddly NWmax doesn't export it out into the ASCII.

So before I compile I open up the ASCII in notepad, look up the name of the mesh, and type in: SelfIllumColor 1.0 1.0 1.0

This line makes the texture look bright and gives it a light Hue.

I've not yet changed the 1.0 1.0 1.0 ( RGB I guess)

It adds tons of atmosphere, which takes away the focus of the bad lightning.

Else its endlessy tweaking, to get the things just right.

EDIT: Our biggest "flaw" now is we can't get to use the second channel on the 3D meshes, this one is used for Lightmaps.

I know how to render them in 3Ds-Max, but so far I've not yet found away to tell Kotor to use, my normal regular Wall texture and the Lightmaps.

If we could figure it out how to get it in, then most of the time you don't need many AuroraDlights. As the lightmaps to the job for you in creating shadows.

But sofar, I have no clue how NWmax handles the second channel our what to type into the ASCII before compiling.

I had figured out the self-illumination thing, but I didn't realize that NWMax didn't export it. I guess I'll just fiddle around with that for a while.

Edit: You might try exporting some stuff with GMax to see if it'll work. Not guaranteeing anything, but it's worth a try.

Sounds awesome SS, would love to see some pictures of that!

EDIT: About the Self-Illumination thing, I have never really had trouble with it as far as exporting goes. I have never had to do any editing outside of Max with it. When you make your trimeshes, are you selecting it from the modifier list or are you clicking the Trimesh button on the NWMax sidebar?

Ah, I always do things on the Modifier List.

As I don't usually use the Trimesh button anymore, it gave me often more pains then it did a good job.

Though that's personal expiernce ofcourse...

Guess if you export out "normal" Meshes NWmax can't handle all the fields.

Hmmz, I'm such an idiot. o_Q

Archived