Home

Techs Play: Let's plays with LucasArts legends! (Latest: David Fox & Matthew Alan Kane play Zak McKracken with Say Mistage & Daniel Albu - PART 3)

In addition to my long-form conversations with ex-LucasArts employees, I sometimes invite them back for a Let's Play session of one of their games.

Unlike a standard interview, this serves as a "developer's commentary," and some of them even play the game themselves during the session (for the first time in decades).

I figured it's worth having a separate thread for these sessions.

David Fox plays Zak McKracken (Part 1)

Bret Mogilefsky plays Grim Fandango - Part 1

Bret Mogilefsky plays Grim Fandango - Part 2

Bret Mogilefsky plays Grim Fandango - Part 3

Noah Falstein plays Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Part 1

Noah Falstein plays Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Part 2

Noah Falstein plays Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Part 3

Khris Brown plays Full Throttle

David Fox and Matthew Alan Kane play Zak McKracken - Part 2

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine with Hal Barwood

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine with Hal Barwood - Part 2

David Fox & Matthew Alan Kane play Zak McKracken with Say Mistage & Daniel Albu - PART 3

Edited by danielalbu
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Chef's Kiss 2

Now these are Let's Plays worth watching! What a great concept! Definitely gonna take a look at some of these!

(I'm especially looking forward to watching the Al Lowe plays LSL7 video.)

Thanks for all the great content you're giving this community, Daniel!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lagomorph01 said:

Now these are Let's Plays worth watching! What a great concept! Definitely gonna take a look at some of these!

(I'm especially looking forward to watching the Al Lowe plays LSL7 video.)

Thanks for all the great content you're giving this community, Daniel!

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying these livestreams!

There are many more coming up (on Monday, for example, I plan to play Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine with Hal Barwood).

• Like 2

Oh wow. This is fun. Watching Bret M play Grim is great (although he mentions an earlier playthrough with someone else?). Be nice to be able to watch Parts 1-5.

Part 6: 19:42 As a fan who was promised the "Criterion Edition" of Grim Fandango, it bugs me that the SMUSH animations don't loop smoothly. They did in the original game, and looked so beautiful, but not in the Remastered edition.

4 hours ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

Oh wow. This is fun. Watching Bret M play Grim is great (although he mentions an earlier playthrough with someone else?). Be nice to be able to watch Parts 1-5.

I played the first 5 episodes with the lead actor from Phantasmagoria 2, but he didn't want to continue playing Grim.

That's when I contacted Bret.

Here's the full playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9qFy7xdUfuS2IhxLjCJUUGEpeWea1LcR

4 hours ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

Part 6: 19:42 As a fan who was promised the "Criterion Edition" of Grim Fandango, it bugs me that the SMUSH animations don't loop smoothly. They did in the original game, and looked so beautiful, but not in the Remastered edition.

Yeah, it's truly a shame :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• danielalbu changed the title to Techs Play: Let's plays with LucasArts legends! (Latest: Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine with Hal Barwood)

Maybe Hal himself isn't the one to ask, but I always wondered who wrote the text in Phatt City Library about MI2:

> Hal Barwood on Monkey 2 - A Critical Review: "Less is more, guys! You can't polish a turd."

Congrats on getting him to do a Let's Play! Quite the scoop!

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

17 hours ago, ThunderPeel2001 said:

Maybe Hal himself isn't the one to ask, but I always wondered who wrote the text in Phatt City Library about MI2:

> Hal Barwood on Monkey 2 - A Critical Review: "Less is more, guys! You can't polish a turd."

Congrats on getting him to do a Let's Play! Quite the scoop!

In the intro, I'm showing him the book about him in the Phatt Island Library.

Hal will be back for another session in the near future!

• Like 1
  • Chef's Kiss 1

• danielalbu changed the title to Techs Play: Let's plays with LucasArts legends! (Latest: Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine with Hal Barwood - PART 2)
  • danielalbu changed the title to Techs Play: Let's plays with LucasArts legends! (Latest: David Fox & Matthew Alan Kane play Zak McKracken with Say Mistage & Daniel Albu - PART 3)