Home

about force powers and sabers

DeathBoLT

Quake is 1 demensional; run and gun. JK added two dimensions to that - Force and Sabers. The guy with the biggest gun camping was no longer the certain victor. The Jedi could relieve the camper of his gun and kill him with force powers. The lightsaber made everyone instantly deadly, capable of charging in and mauling the camper at close range.

-

How do you guys think force and sabers should be implemented and give JK2 a 3d feeling that Q3 lacks, creating something that strays from the Quake clones, yet isn't a remake of JK. Not just another post on what force powers you want or what type of saber moves you'd like to perform, but I want to know how you all think the whole thing should be integrated into gameplay.

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: [eVe]DeathBoLT ]

well its hard for a gunner and a saberer who uses pull a lot to have a good game.

i think a lot of it will revolve around the maps too. i dont think jk standard maps had too many camping spots for conc-ers. most could be thwarted by a knowledgable player. perhaps too that people with sabers run faster, due to it being a lighter weapon. spawning with a blaster and saber and being hunted by a full ammo's conc-er who's going the same speed as you is a bit frustrating.

perhaps even design a gunners map, where players spawn in a 'gear room', filled with guns n goodies, kinda like the zone's old loadup rule, only its there and it takes 10 seconds.....

I think it's imperative that it's really well balanced. By that I mean someone who has a lightsaber and force powers is just as capable as someone fully decked out with guns, ammo and armour. I mean, it is the Force after all.

Like Gonk said, maps are a big influence on the style of play that is applicable. A map loaded with small passage-ways and corridors is not gonna be a great hunting ground for a camper. Neither is a huge open area going to be viable for someone with a saber.

The main styles of play need to be accounted for. If this is done, variations can be created and thus improving the style of play for all!

An important factor, (well at least I think it is) is someone's Force capabilities. Remember Luke was able to take on Boba Fett, the best Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy, and Vader had no challenge in Han, but also, these are both very competent Jedi.

So a balance is essential. And I have no doubt we'll get it. ;)

As Letalis says the balance is the key

I hope there is good balance between this dimensions, because that is what made JK succesfull IMO

Some people like sabers, some weapons, some FF, some NF, so there something for everyone

im sure wutang is only out to piss us off now...considering hes already said that before...i have an idea...if we just completely ignore him, and dont give him the negative attention he craves, then hell leave and stop bugging us...sorry for getting off topic

i like the loading room idea...but i think there should be a way that maybe you can only pick up your own pack, so noone can "steal your conc"....i dunno how they could do that though and i dont see how saber games and gunz games could be one in the same considering how they are making the saber controls more complicated

Oasis NF Take Packs is a hell of a lot harder than Ji Oasis NF.. well not really harder anymore 'cos only newbies play Oasis NF take packs anymore and after playing it for awhile, u find that your aim is way off when you go play Ji Oasis NF. Still Oasis NF Take packs with experts playing is 50x harder than Ji Oasis NF leave packs with experts playing.

Archived