Home

The "Official" Concept Art

Philbo

i was bored out of my mind when i realized i hadn't taken a glance at the new concept art on the official page.

the first and eighth pics look like some of the screens from in the Nov. PCGamer. the eighth says something about Kejim. this a new planet or something from one of the books? and apparently on those levels we can expect to see some probe droids, since number 8 says "probe droid launch building".

i noticed that on the second pic, it said something about "Bespin Combustion Chamber". sounds interesting. WHAT IS IT?

also, the third art is of the "Bespin Carbonite Chamber". my guess is we can expect to see this is multi-player again. it'd be great to see it in-game, though.

also looks from the 5th and 6th pics that we'll be doing a little "climbing" in the Bespin air vents. could take a while. sounds fun.

the seventh shot looks like some sort of power generator. for what?

the last pic seems to be one of the two-sided ships from ESB. i never did know their names, but once again, it looks like a screen we've seen before.

pretty sweet stuff.

Combustion Chamber reminds me of the room, where Luke enters through the tunnel after leaving Carbonite Chamber(which concept art gives us better, more detailed view of entire room than it was shown in actual movie or MotS secret/multiplayer level). Two-sided ships you are referring to are called Twin-Pod Cloud Cars, and concept of Maintenance Bay might be the hangar shown in a few scans(Cloud Car with Rodian and Dengar look-alike) taken originally from German PC Gamer and then posted into TheForce.net.

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: Lord_FinnSon ]

Yeah, that Combustion Chamber looks like a pretty mean area to get through. Can't wait to see the flame effects. :D

I like looking at concept art...it invariably shows you stuff you haven't seen before...although it doesn't always get into the final game.

It's like a slice of history of the game's development.

Heh...maybe someone should start a game museum on the net. From concept to creation, the history of computer games. ;)

Archived