Home

Release Date!!!

ESE SithLord

Guest Hannibal

The title of this post made me think that you were announcing the release date. My heart has slowed down now. *sigh* Ok, Im alright now. :o

Noone actually knows, not even Raven. They said elite force was going to come out in spring 2000, it ended up being delayed to autumn 2000. I remember going to the gaming shop to get it on the day of release and they told me the news, i was gutted. I hope it doesnt happen with JK2, but it further backs up my point that noone actually knows the date.

The most accurate to date would be unknown - 2002 & beyond, which is all anyone is saying because they dont actually know.

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainRAVE ]

I should also comment that at least for me, a "release date" would hold a lot more weight for me if voiced by an actual Raven/LEC member or was posted on the official site. You'll see tons of off dates in various stores, computer mags, etc because they want the preorders and press, they have to put SOMETHING, but they can often be wrong (see Obi-Wan).

And yes, every delay hurts them in some way or another, but it still happens (and from the consumer standpoint its probably better to get a more finished game, although the preorder folks are going to be pissed).

Oh well.. sometime in 2002, probably the earlier half. ; )

Kurgan

[ October 29, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

i think i could last alot longer waiting for JO if they would release something new... some new screen shots a movie clip anything..just to keep people wanting the game, its killing me not knowing what im waiting for, only movie clips shown were half a year ago and they werent even good quality

i think it could even be out early!

think about the game uses the quake 3 engine so that a new engine was not needed like the doomed project call obi wan, where they were building one from scratch.

with that out of the way they only have to tweak the engine build the characters and textures and do some level designing.

p.s i know its more complicated than that i was just using them to get my point accross

Darth Syntax

-------------

'Give in to Your Anger' :mad:

Archived