Home

Your favorite Force power?

Silent_Thunder1587246490

What your favorite force power in Jedi Knight?

What was your favorite Force power in MotS?

In Jedi Knight it was force lightening :) it wasn't always the best power to use, but it took some skill to use correctly, and it looked really cool :). But ofcourse I could never use lightening right without choke... It was sooo fun targeting someone with force choke, pressing the force choke key as fast as I possibly could, then aiming at them with force lightening and firing away at lightspeed :). Sure it was a pretty cheap tactic, but it killed other dark jedis in about 2 seconds :D.

In MotS I pretty much did the same thing, exept that I had alot easier of a time with the lightening, since it was faster, and alot easier to aim. The only problem was that there were alot more people with protection, or obsorbtion on in MotS, so I ended up using choke to try to kill someone with obsorbtion on, and lightening to try to kill someone with protection on. Also, I had a ton of fun with saber throw, though I couldn't really get the hang of it ever. It seemed to go through the bubble on someone with protection on, and obsorbtion, but I'm still not really sure. But for looks I liked lightening and saber throw best :). And I'm glad they're being included in JKII. I just hope lightening isn't auto aim like it was in MotS, and more like it was in JK.

On a side note, does anyone have a list of the force powers in cluded in JO?

Actually I liked the neutral powers (Speed, Pull, Jump) more than anything.

Heal was quite appropriate.

Lighting was useless.

Grip was OK but kinda cheap if you knew how to use it good.

Blinding was useless, not to mention hard on the other persons eyes which is uncalled for since you kinda need your eyes to play JK,lol. :)

Throw was decent but mostly useless since there was barely EVER debris around to throw.

Persuasion,Absorb,Destruction, well let's just say I hope they come up with something more creative.

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: SlowbieOne ]

I like the normal-ish sort of powers. Pull, Push, Speed, Persuausion. They give it more of a filmy feel rather things like Lightning which although in the film are a little too powerful.

I think the force should be more of an aid than an out and out weapon with things such as destruction and deadly sight removed.

As for JK2 powers a definite list has not been finalised, or made public.

wardz

for jk...

i'd have to say persuasion. being a guy that always used the lightsaber, i usually liked to use it with as part of a persuasion/speed and use grip whenever i felt like it. in other words, as a disciple, i was never a nice, nor purely evil person.

in mots...

saber throw. sure, it sucked sh**, but it was fun to use when you had the chance. and it looked somewhat cool, although the fact that you basically had to stay in one place while it was on it's way back got on my nerves. oh well... i still enjoyed it. especially in single-player.

Deathbolt, how can you have protection, and neuteral powers? (You give up the "normal" force powers when you pick either protection, or deadly sight, for all of thsoe who didn't know). You said you'd kill the dark force players, so I assume you're talking about Jedi Knight, and not MotS. Since there is no dark or light in MotS.

I personally prefered MotS' Full Force games over Jedi Knight's. I mainly played JK with low force, or guns. I also preferd sabers only better in MotS.

Still think that the best weapons are those which hybridize basic elements of telekinetics.

Lift (remove from ground friction)

Push (vector direction)

Accelerate (space-time faster into wall!)

Combine 1-2-3 those carefully and you get enemies pounded between ceiling and floor while mixing them 2-3-3 and you get Static Discharge Lightning and presumeably Force Destruct.

With that in mind, NONE of the 'weapons' capabilities were as good as the simple 'bowl them over' of TPM.

First, because you had little aiming ability in 2nd person (where you fought sabres and the effects were actually visible). Not even an eyeline 'crosshairs'.

And Second, because things like Grip and Deadly Sight and Sabre Throw were all single person useage effects.

To me, one of the most eerie and foreboding sights would be to have a Jedi walk around a corner all relaxed without a care in the world as I and my squad were doing a 'changing of the guardpost' drill.

Because I would see death and disaster, not just in his swinging sabre or black clothes but in the 'halo' of lifted junk circling around him to either block blaster fire or toss at ONE OR MORE opponents, with lethal speed (think about what that means when a salt shaker dings Imp armor).

While a sabre toss should be similarly able to be directed like a wide angle boomerang, against _numbers_ of targets, by holding down the key and adding glowie-circles to the number of people effected or even static objects like pillars or spaceship landing gear. Preferrably from around a corner.

Even the basics of 'push and shove' (that you start with) should be similar. Dump them ALL on their ass or you just make yourself vulnerable to being shot while you waggle your fingers.

Luke has both choked multiple people at once and used his sabre to bring down a stone arch on an Imperial platoon on a planet full of Ysalmiri. Why can't we?

Because the powers system and their manipulation/enhancement throughout the game is so crooked that half the time you aren't even a 'real Jedi' until the game is half over.

Nobody takes on a streetgang in Harlem with a Kentuck Rifle. That's how I feel about most of the offensive powers: WEAK.

By comparison, the defensive powers work so well that THEY are the ones which are **overpowering**, IMO.

They are also overlapping which means you have two or three useful abilities which take so much power that the rest are not really available or are simply low-class repetitions of what you want to do.

(Blind is almost useless; Persuasion is not but is a ***** because you cannot see yourself without more force expenditure [and ugly blue-bleached colors] using Sight; Absorb doesn't give you the bad guy's power like it should but it cannot be run in combination with Protect which is damn near immortality, but only if you're a good little boyee...;-).

We need either a new set of powers or an expanded (faster, easier to employ, less compromising) interface with the existing ones when employed against multiple opponents.

Kurt Plummer

Well, that's a tricky question. I found most of the Force powers in both games useful in certain situations.

If I had to pick only one from each, though...

JK: Persuasion

MotS: Lightsaber Throw

So it'll be interesting to see how Jedi Mind Tricks and the Saber Throw in JK2 work.

I personally hope they take out many of the Force Powers that were in Mots out of JKII. There were just too many worthless ones. And as someone has all ready said, the defensive force powers were too powerful.

In my opinion the powers that should be included in JKII are:

Force jump

Force Speed

Force Push, Pull, levitate, ect

Force lightening (I think there should be no auto aim for this power. Also I think your aim should be greatly decreased while you're being charged with lightening... it makes sense to me atleast. So it should do damage and stun, IMO.)

Saber Throw

Invisibility

Force sight (though I think it shoudl work different then it does in JK.)

Force Obsorb (this version of obsob should only last for about 2-5 seconds, and take alot less mana to use. I also think it should obsorb not only force powers, but also lasers. The reason I think it should last such a short ammount of tiem is so that when you see a projectile coming at you that you have to time your obsorb correctly, same applies to force pwers. As apposed to jsut turning it on in JK, and running around invicible to force powers... )

Force Heal

Protection (I think it should work similar to obsorb, but protects agianst physical damage. and should last longer then obsorb)

force choke

force Blind (maybe make the screen turn black instead of white? Sicne the white was really anoying)

That's all I can think of, waht powers do you think shoudl be included in JKII?

In jedi knight my favourite force power was probably lightning, because in those days it looked really cool. The most usefull one for me was force pull.

In MOTS my favourite force power was force push because it was soooooo cool to push stormtroopers off the side of a cliff or high platform.

I do hope they will add new force powers into JK2, cant think off any cool ones for them to add, but im sure Raven will think of something amazing.

Hmm, tough call. I used the "generic" force powers a lot, but my favorite was probably destruction. Nothing like tossing a huge fireball at your enemy and watching them get blasted away.

Push in MotS...

But there are TONS of great uses for force powers, so it's hard to pick just one. Variety is the spice of gaming...

Kurgan

silent thunder

Deathbolt, how can you have protection, and neuteral powers? (You give up the "normal" force powers when you pick either protection, or deadly sight, for all of thsoe who didn't know).

well i was refering to team play; u get one guy going protection/absorb and another one using absorb and neutral powers(who controls light surge). this way both partners are fairly supercharged(the absorb/neutral surger being the one with constant heal) and the protection/absrob guy obviously being able to take tremendous damage.

Archived