Home

Zone support!

Luck

I don't see anything wrong with having Zone support, I just see something wrong with having it as the primary place to play JK2. It's all about options. Let those that want to play on the Zone, play there, while those of us who understand its limitations and are ready for the bigger/better, play elsewhere. ;)

Guest ZeroXcape

Ya... I see *no point* in having Zone support. All the Zone can do is bring down another possible GOTY title. If JK had dedicated servers, cheating could be more easily controlled and the game would be much more popular then it is today.

*Jedi Knight II must have Dedicated Servers*

As Raven representatives have said in the past, there is no need to remove needed code from the engine. I don't think we need to worry about this issue any longer.

I would be happy with dedicated servers as long as yo ucan find a friend chat, and message. Then i'd be on dedicated servers but if none of that then i'd prob go back to zone. Zoen also ruins chance to paly on zone but i sure sure sure hope the dedicated servers have everything i jsut said up there!

Raven Please REad this..... seems not that many good questions answered even though i wasn't at it as it was 2am!

Why do people keep acting like the Zone is the only place in the world to chat? Not only is it not the only place to chat, but it's like the crappiest of all places to chat. If all you want to do is chat and play, simply download Gamespy Arcade or mIRC(both of which make the Zone look like a joke).

What I don't like about the zone is that you can't even play JK on it anymore. You can play addons, rpgs, spork, hacking, etc. You can't just play a decent game! The other day I was playing in single player and thought "this is too easy. It'll be more fun with real people". Unfortunately the real people weren't playing the same game anymore. Real disappointment. :(

i kind of liked UT's method of game locating and chatting

the lack of a messenger or some sort of identification method made it kind of hard to communicating with people(without the distraction of game play) beyond simply trying to convince them, in game, to come to your chat..

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: DeathBoLT ]

[edit - Gonk - I get home from a stressful evening and i find this. Buffness.... the way we work things round here is that we dont make personal attacks. I tried to edit your other message because of your foul language, but because im not a mod in that forum i was unable to. Of the 2 posts youve made so far here, ive edited one and wanted to edit the other. keep within the boundries and itll all be fine.]

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: GonkH8er ]

Archived