Home

JK -- The Original

Alan1587246518

Just thought I'd let you know that Digitiser, on Channel 4 Teletext put JK 4th on its list of best shooters ever. Q2 was 5th, Outlaws was 3rd, Half-Life was 2nd(!) and Goldeneye was 1st(!).

No mention of Elite Force, which I bought last Thursday.

Oh my god, Biessman's dead!

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Hitman ]

Goldeneye! :eek:

I really never played it much, but I played some times MP with some friends

Not being able to drop from anywhere really, I mean REALLY annoyed me. Its too annoying

And the textures were the same all over the place so If I didnt know the level there was no way to know where I was

HAHA!!! i didn't watch it but Golden Eye before half life? i don't think so. Golden eye is more linear than a corridor from oneside to the other. Outlaws i have never played, but hwere's Q1, Q3,UT Q2 was the owrsto ut of the lot in my opinion. and anyway it's probably a home economics teacher's idea of the best shooters (i mean it is CH4)

They said they chose GoldenEye for the multiplayer thrills--saying there's nothing better than inviting a few friends around to have a four-player blast.

In my opinion, just logging on here and expressing my opinions to the DF/DF2JK?JK2JO faithful beats shooting people as James Bond.

I agree, Slowbie, even though I've only played the demo, Outlaws seems inferior to JK.

micsn peep, it was JK, not DF, on the list, so its not as old as you think.

In my opinion, they should run these lists according to the games platform. Although all the consoles shooters are just poor conversions of PC classics. ;)

Goldeneye is number on a console for me but for all? I mean... you can't jump... that's all its lacking. Very good game though. I'd have to say Counter-Strike/Half-Life is #1 overall. For the time being, we'll have to see how the full version of Return to Caslte Wolfenstein turns out. :)

IMO, Red Faction is the best 1st person shooter.

Outlaws is great, the story and music made the game a good one. My favorate cutscene was the Dr. one right after you fought him.

GoldenEye was good to. I got trough the whole game with 1 cheat left. (2X RC-P90s) and got 007 mode. The movie was better though.

Are u 9 years old or something lionheart? Red Faction. it doesn't even deserve to be sasid in the same sentence as Half Life.

1. if u blow away EVERYTHING objects fly

2. there's a spray of blood when u shoot and it goes away straight away.

3.The AI is worse Space invaders (1989 or something)

4. Bad level design mostly.

5. Gets very boring

6. I like the glass effects and the guns though

so 5 bad points and 1 good ad there's much much more deserves about a 65% if not less

And The GoldenEye developers made about 7 walls for the whole damn game and the game phsics were bad. Like i said it's only CH4 opinion and i mean they probably hiredMargaret Thatcher to do it.

the guy who said this:

Originally posted by Lion Heart:

<STRONG>IMO, Red Faction is the best 1st person shooter.

QB]

also said this

Originally posted by Lion Heart:

[QB]RTCW? Looks pretty stupid.</STRONG>

you my friend dont know anything about FPS.

thats your opinion but i would have to say Half-life is 50 times better thean Red Faction and should get no. 1 spot.

I couldn't agree more. well maybe 51 times better but anyway. I have gonk tied to a chair right now, any ideas?

Archived