Home

Thermal Detonators

SlowbieOne

Hi I'm back (not that anyone cares). I enjoyed the screenshot and the others that went with it. I'm sure the blast is enlarging and by the way the stormies fly it is powerful. It will probably be useful indoors but might also be fun in the outdoors too.

On the subject of different types of TDs I like the idea of a smoke bomb. I'm sure you could use the Force to hide yourself but if the Force is used for everything it might start to take away from gameplay.

For example: Don't you think that it would make the game more fun to have to find an item that would sheild you from sight rather then clicking a button when you force hits "30". :confused:

C.H.A.S....welcome back to the forums. Long time no see. ;)

Gonk...I noticed that square around the blast burn too, pretty much straight away. But then, I've noticed it in other games too, and it doesn't really detract from the gameplay. ;)

Are you sure that dark green stuff is mold? It looks like it's spattered on the floor, rather than growing there. :confused:

I agree. T.D.'s in JK are quite worthless, and in the Esential guide, T.D.'s have a primary blast range of 30 meters or something. The small, worthless T.D.'s in JK would have a devistating impact on the actual game, though. The blast desentigrates everything, including the walls and such, in the 30 meter blast bubble. That would be bad, because you would have to run FAST to get away from the bomb. :eek:

The TD's from TPM game were way too big. However, according to the screen it appears to be in between the 2, JK and TPM game I mean.

I wonder if those Stormtroopers flying will be dead when they land. Will it take just one good clean blast from a TD to take someone down? I certainly hope so, as long as the blast radius isn't too big a la Redeemer.

Yeah, in JK i barely touched using Thermal Det's since they basically didn't do anything my blaster could do better. Your right about Return of The Jedi, they absolutely feared when Leia showedthem the Thermal Det. In Shadows of the Empire, They used just 3 of them down a vent to take out an entire Palace. Now, i know they cant have it that powerful for a game, but a bigger blast radius would improve it somewhat, and more damage wouldn't hurt.

In JK when i ran out of blaster ammo i would chcuk a td roudn the corner and since they were dumb they woudln't have a clue....

needed about 2 though for 1 enemy with the chucking bit.

I noticed the square sort of thing but...

The REd looks like blood more than rust.. rust is orangish and as for the green it could have been moss or green blood (that would mean the ability to drag bodies though)

I hjope they fix the square sort of thing but it doesn't sort of make a difference in games where it hapopens but it looks better if they do it with a circle bitmap explosion map rather than square because it looks natural

Originally posted by GonkH8er:

I hope the blast actually doesnt kill them each time, and some of the time they stumble back to their feet, perhaps clutching one arm and shooting innacurately towards you..... or running

I agree, Gonk...that would be great. Especially if they have pain skins showing the areas of damage. It might also be good to have them play dead, and then get up and shoot you in the back.

The other thing I would like to see with any kind of explosion in a confined area, though, is to have the fireburst come down the corridor at you. Remember the end of ROTJ with the flames licking at the Falcon? I'd like to see that in JK2...with me using Force Speed to get out of there. :D

Yes, I too hope they have different animations for different situations with the blast. I could see how someone could survive a few TD's with the splash damage, but no one should survive a TD in the face, well, maaaaybe a Jedi however unlikely.

Another thing about the TD in JK was the fact that you had to hold down the button to throw it farther and in turn, it was harder than it should've been to judge where it was going. I think it would work better if it went wherever your crosshair was. If you want to lob it, tap the button, if you want to throw a line drive hold it.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

Archived