Home

The New HUD

Philbo

very sweet, looks quite a bit like the Jk hud but a gazillion times more detailed and quite a bit more mechanical. I wonder if they used flash to create it, a lot of games are using its vector based tech to create both huds and gui's nowadays.

Lucky

that thade of blue is jutht thooo latht theason.. : ) j/k

I thinks it be great. Doesn't take up too much room but still looks nice and functional.

(That OB1 meter always looked a little confusing IMO)

wardz

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: wardz ]

I like it: it's unobtrusive, uncluttered, tells you what you need to know, and is in keeping with the previous games in the series. What more could you want?

I also noticed the size of the HUD in those shots. They must be taken in 640x480 or 800x600 at the most. This means those of us with faster PCs should be in for a real visual treat when we pump up the resolution and all the details.

Originally posted by DeathBoLT:

<STRONG>what is the yellow above the ammo.. if it also shows ammo.. isn't that kind of redundant, having 2 displays for, u know?</STRONG>

I had another look at some of the screens that show this feature, and i reckon that it's there to give you a (very) general overview as to how much ammo you've got left. And, meant in the nicest possible way :D, no, it's not redundant, cos you can be aware of it in your peripheral vision (it's colour helps there) and have at least a guess as to whether you've got a little/lots/enough ammo left without having to mentally compare the actual number to that weapon's capacity. This could be a real benefit when you daren't take you're eyes off the main screen, even for a split second.

I'm aware that this appears *cough* slightly inflamatory, but it really isn't meant to be, honest... ;)

Friendly criticism welcome :)

W_B

Archived