Home

0mg, 2 new JKII sshots! Very nice looking

cliffe

nice screenshots.... i thinks he's blocking the 2nd droids shots. thats why he looks upwards... the 1st droid already took the deflected shot.

hmmm... there is something funny with the stormtroopers... they're like too bulgey and too round for their armor... hmpf! :confused:

Guest Boba Rhett

I new the whole star system was going to cause petty bickering. I think everyone should just disable their star ratings.

As for the screen shots, I'm glad to see the probe droids are back and is there any indication on wether or not jk2 will be getting a killer hud like the one in jk?

[ June 02, 2001: Message edited by: Boba Rhett ]

yes it does look like they ate a bit too much imperial gruel... they look like shiny marshmellows.

oh, and i also hope they include the gonk droids. i may despise them, but theyre bloody fun to kill :)

and now that i can force push.... i can find multiple ways to kill them :)

gonk baseball sounds like a pretty good mod. someone stands on the pitchers mound, and force pushes a gonk at the batter, who swipes at it in mid air with his saber.

muahahahaha...... :mad::mad:

Just be thankful that we have some screenshots in the first place. None of us would have expected any this early in development when the game was announced.

A month ago, we were contemplating life without a JK sequel and already we are bashing a game that is only 3 months is development, just chill a bit,

*waves hand* "you will enjoy this game, I promise"

Good work LEC\Raven, keep it going..

wardz

Heh, I can see the pic properly now. I had massive amounts of glare earlier on, I couldn't even see Kyles body. Now I can see it!

The graphics IMO are pretty good. They will improve over time of course, and I'm sure they will turn out great.

The lightsabre trail doesn't look bad whilst moving, so don't worry about that. Actually, it looks pretty good I think.

Early days, very early days. A long time left for improvements.

I totally agree with wardz. I'm sure we will enjoy the game a lot, and the graphics and the models are in the early stage... and it looks great!

at the moment, I think the reason why the troopers look a bit weird is that they almost haven't got any shoulders compared to the real thing:

trooper.jpg

In a year it'll look astounding :)

Those trooper models need some work.

BolesRoor, thanks for posting the pic, that helps. I also agree with everyone that they look a little pudgy. The troopers in the foreground show that Kyle's taller than them. (?) It'd be a lot more intimidating if they were at least eye-level. Of course, Kyle could be jumping, but I doubt it. The Stormtroopers in the background look like they're porportioned correctly, though.

I think what else is going in is that their faces look like they're smashed in like a pit bull. Having the crease down the middle come out more would help.

On a positive note: That rifle is perfect! And in the other screen: the way the probe droid blows apart is awesome!

Originally posted by BolesRoor:

<STRONG>at the moment, I think the reason why the troopers look a bit weird is that they almost haven't got any shoulders compared to the real thing:</STRONG>

I dunno, I disagree, look at this shot from ESB...

2058_esbd5_16_bg.jpg

The shoulders look right to me... maybe the helmets are a little short and flat, but compared to this picture, they look pretty much right. And the closest Stormtrooper looks like he's crouching to me, so that's probably why he looks "kind of short for a Stormtrooper"...

It may be farfetched, I know, but here is my viewing of the pics. In the bottom pic, Kyle is doing some sort of flip. You can see his head and then a shaft extend down from it(apparently). The shadowy shape is to thin to be a neck. I think he's doing a flip and holding the crate for support.

As for the lightsaber trails, look at the demo video, they look smooth and I doubt they took a step backwards.

Archived