Home

Why-wings... why!? or Y-wings...seeing double?

Havoc Stryphe

In this screenshot, and I believe amongst others, you will notice several Y-Wings flying about.

http://www.galacticbattles.com/multimedia/screenshots/15.jpg

Now, look closer...you are now seeing double. Don't notice? Look at the Y-Wings engine nacells, there are two on each side. Similar to an X-Wing configuration (one on top of another). However, as us Star Wars Fans know, Y-Wings have only two engine nacells, one on each side.

My question? Is this because a beta voxel and they aren't finished? or is this how they are going to look come release time? Or is it some kind of reflection that I am reading too much into? ;)

Anyone in the know?

Thanks for giving Leon the idea, personally I think it's relevant but...

Well, before Leon moves it, let me make it relevant to the forum.

Is this a special upgrade to Y-wings that make them faster? Maybe this is a special unit, or upgrade to allow for better gameplay. Maybe it can carry more payload with the upgrade...

speculation?

Let it stay Leon..... please ;)

Guest Tie Guy

I doubt it's an upgrade, coz it's only tech level 3 if you look at the screen.I'd say is is one of those early mistake things, coz look at the guys next to the vehicles, they look huge. This is obviously, pre-redesign.

The only reason "upgrade" was even uttered was to keep the topic in this forum, personally I thought it was a HUGE mistake!

That's the kinda mistake where you go upto the graphic artist and lead voxel artists and look 'em right in the eye and say...

"Dude, have you even SEEN Star Wars?"

Why would you add two more engine nacells, and then not take the time to fix such a horrendous error before the release of screenshots, If I were editor I take one look at the screenshot and start asking, what's with 4 engines on the Y-Wings? It's not so subtle as size or scale, color or animation... that takes time to program and get "just right" and are understandably later in production. But 4 ENGINES on a Y-WING!

Think about it, someone had to take the time to DRAW two extra engines in both pre-production art and/or Voxel editing. I mean Either someone let it slide from pre-production art onto voxel programming (which denotes that Art prduction supervisors/editors are either oblivious or aren't very Star Wars savvy) or The Voxel programmers TOOK TIME to draw two extra engines that weren't slated in pre-production art (In other words were incompetent, or trying to be "cute") Either way, someone over in Lucasarts dropped the ball, letting a huge error like that make to "Official Site screenshots".

[end rant] I am a Star Wars purist and that bugs me;)

Guest Tie Guy

Whta does it really matter if it's in the gallatic disscussion or the Developer's forum, i don't understand what the difference is.

Anyway, surely they fixed it by now, and if they didn't i think that there will be an uproar when the games comes. Come on, not all of those editors and artists and testers are stupid enough to not realize. I really don't think that anybody should worry. If everyone here realized the mistake as soon as they saw it, surely someone at LEC or Ensemble did too.

Originally posted by darthfergie

Looks like your going to get changed even with that valiant effert Havoc.

Oh well...

"well I'm moving on up...to the east side.....to a deluxe apartment apartment in the sky. :D

It really doesn't matter TIE guy, just don't spend much time in there. slight inconvienence, that is all. (I'm lazy ;) )

I finally got a piece of the pie :D

Archived