Home

Head Shot with Lightsaber

pops2002

he means, if you shove your lightsaber between someones eyes, should they *die* without any further torment? kinda like if you get shot in the head? get it now?

personally...i agree too, and that goes for anything(!!!) in the head, later

ya, JO: Jk2 shall feature the GHOUL2 system which means certain areas of the body shall react appropriately when hit(i.e. loss of life if head is struck). It'd be nice to see a limp if your leg was shot as well.. I however hope that if Katarn still will carry his old shielding system so that the headshot would only be effective if you drained his shields enough first.

I hope 200 shields should be able to withstand at least 4+ blaster shots(but less than the 15+ shots it takes to kill in Jk) 'cause going mercenary on the stormtroopers(when the saber becomes boring) would be a bit hard if u could only survive 2 shots or so..

[ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: [eVe]DeathBoLT ]

definitely cutting, but no cutting off

if they put in too much violence for it to be starwarsy, we'll have heads rolling over at raven...... :p

but how easy it it going to be to achieve a headshot? if we have overhead 'hasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan CHOP!' style swings, it should be an easy target, but then it would also have to be easy to defend. We dont want 2 second saber battles.

Perhaps a downward strike to the head should only hit if the other player is swinging and therefoore cannot defend with his saber.

hrmmmmmm

It would be cool if you just finished a really great duel that the person who dies vanishes, in typical jedi fashion, just leaving their cloak and weapon. This would be reserved for only the most skilled duels, and would be a mark of a well trained player.

Guest Kurgan

If a player is using the Darth Vader model, and you behead them, then the helmet should roll around, then the faceplate should blow off, and looking down, you'll see.. *GASP* your own face! Cool, huh?

And please tell me I'll be able to re-enact that scene at the end of TPM where Darth Maul falls into the pit, and as he falls, his torso and legs part ways. Then again, maybe this time Maul will win, and we'll see some Obi-Wan split personality? ; )

Kurgan

That only happened in the Dark Cave thing on Dagobah. Remember reading about it in one of the Star Wars novels when Luke goes back and sees the scene on Jabba barge, but instead of Luke catching the lightsabre, mara jade catches it. Its a place that kinda shows different outcomes of events. Difficult to explain, but it would be cool if they had it in JK2.

At the moment with current PC technologies i dont think the Ghoul2 system takes into consideration particular organs and things :). If there is going to only be the occasional arm or thing comming off i dont see the point of the Ghoul2 system. You wouldnt tell where you had hit the enemy anyway because there isnt gonna be any gore....seems kinda pointless.

Are you talking about the Timothy Zahn novels? If so Mara wasnt there but she was supposed to be... I think she was a dancer (really the emps hand) and Jabba forbid her to go for some odd reason. I think she was supposed to kill Luke. That was her job. What I (my opinion) believe is that (i thought it was luke maybe mara) had a vision of what should have happened... Please correct me if im wrong

:cool:

Archived