Home

Lots of Dark Jedi?

Moses

Has anyone else noticed the amount of Dark Jedi we are seeing in the screenshots. I mean, I'm not blind, and I can see they are all the same person, but she's in there a lot. This leads me to believe one of a few things.

1. She makes frequent appearances throughout the game.

2. Raven made the last level first to get us hyped up.

3. The screenshots are not actually from the game.

The last one does not seem feasible to me, since as someone commented earlier, the HUD of life and force is active in the corners. (Thanks to whoever that was) Also it seems to me that the screenshots which have her in it take place in different locations. One is in a starship hangar. One is on a catwalk in a huge room (Possibly the cloud city level we've heard about). One is in a narrow hallway by some computer terminals which may be a space station or the inside of a building. My point is, do you think the dark jedi fight will be one level or a continuous battle throughout the game? :eek:

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Moses ]

Guest Krayt Tion

Perhaps they haven't done/don't want to show us another Dark Jedi from the game at this time.

And that kinda of looks like a man with ponytail to me.

Mayhaps they're just spawning the one saber-wielding enemy we've already seen. Whenever they want a saber duel screenshot, they spawn that person... regardless of whether they actually appear in that part of the game or not.

It's possible. It'd be a way to keep us guessing (not that that's hard :)).

rave- the pc ign guys said they were shown 3 levels

yavin

that one

and another i think

i think we can safely say they are places in the game we'll be going

they wouldnt waste this much time on 1 level that isnt going to be in the finished product

Yeah, and there's one more thing you haven't considered. Do you think that the game will have a skirmish map? Something like the Holomatch on Elite Force, where you can play online or just play against computer opponents.

Those picks with that feminine-looking "it" running around, however, is probably from a level that Raven whipped up to show the E3 people.

Well there is another option....they could have simply used the same dark jedi because :

1: they wanted to show how it looks to battle a dark jedi and of course the animations that comes with that and they simply used the same model again.

and

2: since we're not supposed know all the facts yet they probably used the same model as to not to spoil any secrets yet.

I mean do you really want to see all the dark jedi yet?? ofcourse you dont....you want to find out for yourself. :)

Ok. I appologize for thinking that the Dark Jedi was a female. Honest mistake with the ponytail right? Anyway, I suppose that HE could be just a figment in a made up level, but I'd like to hope we are going to see a lot of dueling action in the game. Also, do you remember the really long video demo? The one that was around 5 minutes long? When he was talking about teaming up with NPC there was another jedi fighting the dark jedi and Kyle was standing off to the side. If there was a 2 on 1 fight somewhere in there, that would make things a lot more interesting! But as early as that preview came out, its likely that it was just in there to show off the capabilities. But we can always hope right? :D

Guest ZeroXcape

I'm willing to bet she was just one of the few dark jedi that they had finished for E3. They probably do not want their other characters leaking out just yet.

I'm hoping for some kind of Sith insurgency :D , where there is an extremely well trained Sith as a boss, and several clones of him spread throughout the game--with no Force powers--and maybe an apprentice who attacks you on two or three levels. :eek:

But I also hope they don't have entire levels for a single saber fight, as in JK. I want these fights to be integrated into ordinary levels, so as to surprise you. Perhaps a cool FMV sequence to introduce them, but not the descriptive stuff that was in JK. More like a few flourishes of the saber, or a dropping of a cape like Darth Maul and the two TPM Jedi.

Agree, anyone?

Archived