Home

Can JK2 reclaim the title 'best game/all time'?

Jezro

Guest ZeroXcape

Of course it can... as long as it can beat out its big brother Star Wars Galaxies, it may even win GOTY.

Guest Sherack Nhar

I'd prefer JKII to win the Best Game of the Year 2003 than being, at best, runner-up for 2002.

*dodges blaster fire from angry fans*

Raven hasn't claimed any game of the year awards have they?

I think they will have a tough time winning with JKII because when you think about it, what is the difference between JK2 and JK going to be? New engine...

I believe in order for JK2 to lock up game of the year, Raven needs to have something very spectacular up their sleeve. Of course, Unreal 2 could fall to the same faults, so it's way to early to tell.

YOu can't base a game of the year on screen shots alone...JK wasn't even close to being the best looking game when it was released but it still won. It's a combination of gameplay, graphics, sound, features, multiplayer, single player, and general fun. I'm sure Unreal 2 will be a great game and will look better than JK2, but who's to say that JK2 won't beat it out in other categories?

Yes, Raven having something good up their sleeve...like...the option to turn off severing limbs and blood with the Ghoul system!!! muahaha...jk

Good point, that the only difference between JK and JK2 could be engine/gfx, but could be the same with Unreal 2.

Off topic, but does anyone know about any possibility of a HL2? I didn't like the ending ;)

not single player.. JK had almost everything (at the time) weapons, sabers, the force, choosing a side, levels etc..)

JK2 isn't going to let you pick a side.. which alone will make it a less ambitious game. it is probably a good decision.. making a game involves more detail now.. especially with 2 endings.. but anyway.

as for multiplayer... i am sure it will be better.. but then JK was never the best MP game of all time.

I can't think that there won't be a Half-Life 2...they are still milking that cow at Sierra. That would be cool if JK2, Unreal 2, and HL2 were coming out near the same time...it would be like a battle royale! We'd see who the true champs of FPSs are.

We're overlooking what looks to be shaping up as an amazing game: Duke Nukem Forever. Duke3D was quite a brilliant game and DNF looks like it will carry the same tradition with a modified Unreal engine.

Now that I think about it, Unreal is going to have a tough time winning game of the year because of the story. I'm not saying the story of unreal is bad, but definitely nothing very original. That is what JK2 and DNF have going for them.

Swoosh

Archived