Home

New Gamespy preview

OnlyOneCanoli

Right here.

Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight II will have eight different locations with far more sublevels than in previous games. Although Tosti was pretty tightlipped about the storyline, here is what he let us in on (which isn't very much). "Players once again take on the role of Kyle Katarn, nine years after Jedi Knight. He's been developing his force powers and is now a pretty formidable Jedi. His sidekick, Jan Ors is back in the game and for Outcast, she will play more into the storyline and really make a contribution to the story. I really can't go into it now."

Nothing really new as far as I can see and no new screens, but better than nothing.

We're also going to have positional damage on all of the models as well," says Tosti, "this means when you shoot an enemy in the shoulder, he'll fall backwards or forwards, dependant on the location of the hit. We really can't say right now whether you'll be able to cut off limbs with your lightsaber, but it's in discussion." When he wasn't looking, the person playing the game for us proceeded to cut off a Stormtroopers arms and legs with the lightsaber. "You didn't see that," laughs Tosti. We're hoping they keep it in.

lol thats pretty funny

oh and zero, if ur reading this, take the screenshots from this preview and replace the jkii.net ones. ours may be bigger, but bloody oath look at the quality difference :)

slime.jpg

Gamespy's

slime2.jpg

Ours/the ones we got from pc.ign

And thats the detail difference at 500x400

imagine it at full size :)

for ALL of them. go on, have a look.

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: GonkH8er ]

<blockquote>"In addition, to lightsabers, players will have access to other more traditional weapons such as laser blasters, thermal detonators and compulsion weapons..."</blockquote>

Gotta love that compulsion rifle. It compels the enemy to die in short order. :D

Yes, the quality on that screenshot is incredible. To me that pic looks like it is outside a sith temple. Maybe a training test for kyle on Yavin 4. The glow on those lightsabers in lovely, and the fog effects around the characters makes the environment feel realistic...even in the screenshot. Also the dark jedi character model is really detail. One thing i am impressed with is the texture on the wall......look how random the blocks are....maybe none the same even :)

look at that ground at wall texture!

mmmmmmm

and someone said the textures looked crap! my ass they do :)

i'd say the pc.ign ones are the same, only scaled to a smaller file size and quality. they obviously didnt care about preserving jk2's beauty :)

If cutting limbs is already implemented but its not confirmed Its probably because they are worried about the ESRB rating

I hope they include it, and that it actually affects gameplay like in Rune

Those screenshots look way better

I hope I will have a Geforce3 or something better by the time the game is available

the crosshair is the same style as in Elite Force

Yeah not only that, but did I mention the Stormtroopers' TOE SPIKES ARE WRONG?! :eek:

How dare Raven use placeholder art this early in development?! :eek:

Actually the crossbow looks pretty lethal.

I wonder what is meant by compulsion weapons? (Compared, say, with uncompelling weapons.) Perhaps a typo for concussion weapons?

Archived