Home

Matches?

Guest Celestial

I would guess that a Jedi Outcast will handle at least 16 players on a decent dedicated server (e.g. two eight-person teams). Possibly more.

So, yes Jedi Outcast will likely handle larger games than the original Jedi Knight (8 players limit on LAN, 4 players limit on internet supported in the original Jedi Knight).

Elite Force (also using Quake3 tech) can handle 16 players (actually I see a few Elite Force servers out there with 24 players, not sure if that is officially supported or not).

Guest Celestial

If the engine can hold 64 like Tribes 2 can, then it doesnt matter what your connection is.

Most people think that having a 56k or such will cause lag when there's more people in the server. When in fact its all dependent on the server thats hosting (specs/location)

The only thing that a ton of people in a server can bog down is your FPS.

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: Celestial ]

Guest Home_Sliced

I've seen a couple sites that say 8 (not official of course). Hopefully that will only be the restriction for "lightsaber only" games. Since a lot of the planned combat is close range saber combat, the host must run faster than a longer range shooting game or no one will be able to score a hit. By the time you've sent the attack que to the server, the other person could aleady be by you. :) I don't see why you shouldn't be able to have 16 or 32 in a traditional gunning game, though.

Archived