JEDI_MASTA

WHAT IS YOUR POLITICAL PARTY  

12 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT IS YOUR POLITICAL PARTY

• DEMOCRAT(liberal)
    • REPUBLICAn(conservative)

Guest Admiral Odin

Repuclican.

why because I think without a strong Military the US is Doom. also I like most of their ideas, and don't like the Fed paying for all this programs like welfare.

Guest Admiral Odin

Don't get me wrong I don't vote/support within party lines in fact I can't vote for a few more months. But my views tend to lend my self more to republican side the democratic. Usually.

Originally posted by darthfergie

Nuetral...I'm one of those people that goes out there and vote for the candidate I think can best perform...I don't care about his affiliation to a party or anything...I go with can he do something

That'll be my philosphy, when I'm allowed to vote :)

Guest Tie Guy

Republican of course?!? And anyone who says otherwise will die a gruesome death!!! j/k :D

But i always vote (well, would vote anyways) Republican except for one exception.

Thats because i hate a strong central government that takes our money and gives it to people who lost all of theirs because of their own mistakes. The governement isn't made to solve peoples' individual financial problems. Besides, giving people a tax cut helps them more than welfare does.

I also hate how the Democrats (in general *cough*AlGore*cough*) always lie or "bend the truth" just so they can get elected, then when they get in office they do what they please, and use slipppery tactics.

Me=Filthy Democrat

I don't like the NRA or the Tobacco industry, which are "Pimps" to the Republican "*****es" (What a great metaphor :D )

I'm pro-choice, against school vouchers, think the Tax Cut was a really bad idea.

And lying isn't restricted to the Demo's. Remember Nixon? Neither do I.

Is it that simple in the US. Here in the Netherland you don't vote Republic or Democrate, you vote:

PvdA

D66

CDA

Groen Links

GPV/RPF

SP

VVD

And all the other ones I couldn't think of. But I think there is not one I wholy agree with ... altough I do vote for one of those.

Yeah and in Italy they have what...about 100+ parties there don't they??? In fact the biggest % of the population to vote for a candidate was about 30%...If all of this sounds wrong to you I wouldn't be surprised...I learned it in 7th grade so the facts are a little hazy...but I think it is pretty close...

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Clefo

I'm pro-choice, against school vouchers, think the Tax Cut was a really bad idea.

What?!? How can you be for the killing of future people. Theres no way around it, abortion is murder. If they hadn't aborted, then the baby would still be alive, no other way to look at it.

As for vouchers, i'm not for them. Call me a radical, but i'm for privatizing the entire school system. As a student at a private school for 10 years, and now a student at a public school i know that private schools are much more effective and have much better teachers and alot less "school crime."

What's wrong with giving the people back their money that we aren't using, don't you like to have more money?

As for Nixon, i know that some Republicans lie, and that some Democrats don't, but overall i get the sense that many more Democrats do it and encourage it than Republicans.

Oh well, i won't debate any more about it, even though i could endlessly, almost as much as a could with Religion. So, i rest my case with the above points.

If you are against abortion then DON'T HAVE ONE! Its as simple as that.

Also if you people are so Pro-Life then why do you approve the sale of heavy weapons which idiots use to murder more. Also, there are those heavy nuclear weapons. Don't say your "Pro-Life" unless you don't like killing of any kind.

As for the Tax Cut, I got a measly 70 dollars! And the tax cut is out of our surplus, and social security funds are dwindling fast..

As for lying, well if you are invlolved in Politics you've lied at least once. Both candidates in last years elections lied a lot, Bush was a lot better at telling his.

ok leon im not "bored" with the demo im just tired playing monument and not getting to tech 4 and stuff like that im just bored of the restrictions

CLEFO we could debate this forever but think bout it if there is a surplus where do u think that came from (UV been overtaxed)

??????? i just dont like some of the ideas

OH YEAH DID I MENTION IM A DIE HARD CONSERVATIVE

im kinda against vouchers though because mainly because my mom is a public school teacher but the cost i think its just a waste of money the kids in public school that dont succeed do so for a reason THEY DONT TRY ok thats all i hafta say and a little advice DONT GET ME STARTED ON POLITICS

im only 13 so i cant vote but im verry into this stuff its just kinda a hobby :)

Guest Tie Guy

If you are against abortion then DON'T HAVE ONE! Its as simple as that.

Also if you people are so Pro-Life then why do you approve the sale of heavy weapons which idiots use to murder more. Also, there are those heavy nuclear weapons. Don't say your "Pro-Life" unless you don't like killing of any kind.

As for the Tax Cut, I got a measly 70 dollars! And the tax cut is out of our surplus, and social security funds are dwindling fast..

As for lying, well if you are invlolved in Politics you've lied at least once. Both candidates in last years elections lied a lot, Bush was a lot better at telling his.

Ok, i know i said i wouldn't debate this but i can't just let this slide.

The GOP is NOT the NRA, and is NOT for the killing of people, despite the way you make it sound. Just because the NRA wants those weaponms made legal, does NOT mean that the GOP wants it. Do you really think that the Republicans are for killing of every kind except abortion? No, they are against crime and murder and all of that, but one thing they are for is the Constitution. Thats a pretty important document, you should read it sometime. Besides, the Democrats are the one that want loose interpretation of the Constitution, so they should be the ones that would interpret the 2nd ammendment to cover all types of weapons. Anyways, the NRA does not produce murderers. Most people with guns in the NRA know when amd where to use them, and they don't use them on people. Do you see our prisons overcrowded with NRA people? No, they aren't the problem. No murderer walks up to a store and pays a check for a murder weapon. They get through other people, or through alternate sources. Besides, extensive background checks are required to buy a firearm, and no murderer in his right mind would kill someone with a weapon he bought at the store.

You claim to be "Pro-Choice" yet you don't respect all choices, especially in the way of guns, or how bout the choice of the baby, you don't even think twice about that. They might not be living yet, but does a mother have the right to kill her baby? If you said yes then you are denying that baby the basic rights granted by the constitution. Interesting position you have there, it contradicts itself. I am "Pro-Life" and i support all efforts to preserve life, but sometimes life must be taken, and things like war and capital punishment are the only justified purposes for it. War prevents further loss of life at the hands of the enemy, and so does capital punishment.

BTW, my family recieved several hundred dollars in the tax cut. Besides, the surplus is just that, a surplus. It is money that isn't being used. If we are gonna use it for social security, then it is no longer a surplus, but part of the budget. Our surplus is money that the government took that it didn't not use, and it should be given back to the people who gave it in the first place.

Guest dlayers

I get paid to do a job every 2 weeks.

I pay Income Tax and Social Security before I even see the money I have earned.

Once the government is done taking MY money, they give me about 80% of what's left.

I deposit my check, and go fill up my SUV with gasoline...out of every $1.30 I pay per gallon, about .50 cents of it goes to TAXES. On $20 dollars worth of gas, I pay about $8 in taxes.

On my way home I stop at the grocery store, and buy $100 worth of groceries...in Tennessee I pay 8.5% sales tax. Another $8.50 taken away.

I get home to find the government, just like they do EVERY year has sent me a notice that my property taxes are due. For me, that comes out to about $2.00 per day, just to own my land in the United States.

Luckily for me, Tennessee doesn't have a state income tax...which, by the way they are trying to get changed, EVEN THOUGH it has been Ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL by state courts.

Several counties are now trying to pass wheel taxes, just another tax someone has decided you need to pay because you spent what was left of YOUR money on an automobile to drive to work.

So you participated in the economy by 1) Working and 2) Buying an automobile to keep Autoworkers and Car Dealers employed...(and again paying another $1,600 in taxes to purchase the car in state sales tax).

Then you are required to register the vehicle with the state, another $30.00...while not technically a tax, you don't have any other choice.

In short....every time you turn around you are taxed. No matter what you do, and most of the time you pay the penalty when you are doing something that will benefit your country's economy.

Education System not working? Well lets throw EVEN MORE money at it... the Washington D.C. school system prooves that by being one of the worst school systems in America, despite having the MOST money spent on it.

Healthcare System not working? Well lets throw EVEN MORE money at that as well. Spending keeps increasing, but the same problems we had 20 years ago are still the same problems we are facing today.

And to the guy who said he only got a lousy $70 refund check...go get some groceries, a tank of gas and buy yourself a new pair of clothes...you've already repaid your refund check back to the government.

If they want to Jump start the economy, declare a national Tax Free Day and see what kind of spending takes place.

Guest dlayers

Me=Filthy Democrat

I don't like the NRA or the Tobacco industry, which are "Pimps" to the Republican "*****es" (What a great metaphor :D )

Why are you against these things?

Because you saw it on tv or heard someone else say it?

As for your $70...how much tax did you pay last year?

You are right that several have lied on both sides...but look at the guy who just left office, is there anyone...in the HISTORY of the world who has done more to discredit themselves than him?

I'm not a sheep, I don't believe everything that they say. I'm not like Darktrooper to Viper. Al Gore didn't invent the internet, every idiot knows that..

Clinton just didn't know how to keep his pants buttoned. However, every president has done something good for our country. When Clinton took over the economy was in the toilet, now its better than it was before, in fact anyone remember "Its the economy, stupid!"

You just might be a sheep yourself, You never know

Guest dlayers

No, I'm quite sure I'm not a sheep.

My father is a big union guy, who has even held office in his union. My mother works for the government and therefore supports big government because it provides for her daily life.

Until I was in eighth grade I was a sheep...following what my parents said and thought. But at that age, you begin to start to think for yourself.

The government organization my mother works for wastes alot of what spending allocations they get. Knowing that if they overspend, they can just go back and ask for more. That's wrong...no one who runs a legitimate business can do that.

My father CANNOT go into his boss and negotiate a salary that is suitable for himself. If he goes in and works his ass off he gets paid the same as the guy who takes a 4 hour lunch and comes into work half-drunk. Nothing matters but the amount of time he has been employed there.

Those are just two examples of thing that my parents believe in, but I believe are TOTALLY flawed.

I asked why you supported those things you listed in the earlier post and you said you weren't a sheep and didn't explain (and then proceeded to basically accuse me of being a sheep).

Also what specifically did Clinton do to make the economy so great? What did HE do?

A big part of what made the economy successful was the Internet boom. If you'll notice near the end of his term the economy started to decline.

Part of that was due to the Internet fallout where people rushed to invest in anything 'dot com' without that dot com even having a purpose.

Clinton's problems where not just with his pants. Whitewater, Filegate, and other such scandals had nothing to do with his sex life, unfortunately that overshadowed the many illegal things he did.

So again I ask, why do you support the thing that you mentioned in your earlier post?

I really hate politics, this is a friggen SW message board. Politics just make decent people hate each other.. Every time someone posts an opinion someone comes back with "No you're wrong" Thats why this thread sucks. I mean, people shouldn't hate each other because they happen to have different views on something than they do. I mean, really careless insults fly across the board and it just gets uglier. We should all kiss and make up (Well maybe not kiss)

I'm sorry I'm having a really bad day.

Archived