Home

SWGalaxies

matt--

So...Star Wars Galaxies is coming out. MMORPG/fps, if you actally plan on being violent, like I am. What life are you going to take?

As for me, when the space expansion pack comes out, I hope to own a fleet of some significant size...What about you guys?

they are being nazis, and limiting the amount of jedi allowed, because there isnt supposed to be that many in SW, so, if you want to be a jedi, you sign up for an account, and i guess they pull accounts at random to be jedi....if many people want to be mercenarys they might end up doing it for them too....oh well

For freshing up on your Jedi knowledge. I think they said they won't do anything at random.

Judging from the comments from most players, I don't think we'll have any shortage of the smuggler/mercenary type player.

I'm thinking of going into law-enforcement because of this. Lotsa targets... ;)

going back to the original post hya, im still trying to decide which life i would want to take. knowing me, ill make a character for each of these in my account (im still not sure what the whole deal is on #characters and #accounts, since this is going to be my 1st RPG and MMORPG for that matter)

Jedi- this is the #1 choice for me right now, because, obviously, ill be a Jedi. although i know they will be randomly selecting Jedi, in a way. you see, they are going to give a random account a certain "force potential". all of its explained in the FAQ, i think.

Shop owner/Craftsman- this is actually my #2 choice, because i always thought it would be cool to build droids and weapons, and all that techno mumbo-jumbo, so this is the closest i can come to that

Bounty Hunter or Mercenary- these are tied in #3, because, they are just about the same thing. ill most likely go with this one, since its going to be really hard to become a Jedi, and probly will be hard to become a master craftsman as well, we'll just see what happens.

PS- if you see Jimi-Wan Danobi (i know, lame name) in Galaxies, dont try anything, ill get mad and log off, HAHA!!! oh, wait....

I'm gonna own a bar on Nar Shaddaa where I'll deal in information I hope. As well as have Sabac tournaments and stuff, but mainly provide info on where to find people and that sorta thing. I mean, with all these mercs about the place, someone's going to have to tell them where to find/get some action. :D

In SWG the Jedi won't be randomly picked 'cause everybody would just create-delete his character until he gets a force sensitive one. To limit the Jedi the development team decided that it will be very difficult for a player to become a Jedi Knight or Sith.

Guest ZeroXcape

Boba Rhett: you can be a human which can eventually lead you to become a jedi, but you just select "Jedi."

Guest Sherack Nhar

I, for one, do not hope to be a hero in that game like many others do. I know that there will be a lot of people per server, so how could this be possible?. Therefore, I do not expect/want to be a Jedi, a fleet commander or a smuggler (too much of them).

Instead, I'll try to be imaginative. Since Naboo will be included in the game, I suppose that many people will organise "Gungan-killing night parties". Maybe I could try to protect the Gungans.

Maybe I will try to hire people in the Alliance. Through Politics, or simple Diplomacy skills. Mmh... Politics... Maybe I could try to help someone build a city. Be the mayor's assistant.

Or, if I'd want some more action, I could hunt Krayt Dragons in the Dune Sea! And when the space expansion will come out... oh, the possibilities! :eek:

You don't need to be a Jedi or a smuggler to enjoy this game. Let's be creative! Let us be hairdressers to shave Wookiees and Bothans! :D

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: Sherack Nhar ]

Your right Aragon, they are going to make it extremely hard to become a Jedi. But, i could have sworn that the team said that they would be doing that force-potential thing that i posted earlier. I thought they said that you wouldnt be able to see your force potential when you create a character, so thats how they would be limiting Jedi in the game. I may be wrong though.

I changed my mind. I'm going to produce droids. My droids will be built and programmed by...other droids that I built personally. After a while, when my line of droids becomes widely used(i can only hope), they will all "malfunction" and come back to me for orders. I'll be rich and have a vast army!

Like Jakal, i usually don't get too interested in games of this genre. Since its Star Wars, I will get envolved and pursue the life of a Jedi. Although the FAQ on the SWG web site stated that it will be difficult for players to become a jedi, everyone will have the opportunity, even casual or less hardcore gamers. I just hope its extreamly difficult, as the challenge alone will keep me interested. I can only hope it will be a risk and reward method, were you may invest allot of time, or accomplish allot in a short time, and still fail because you did something wrong....if so, I can re-start and pursue the life of a Wookie...he.he.he..he.

Maybe you are right Jimi-Wan and there is an update about the game that I have missed.

The game is evolving fast and news come out every day so I can't be 100% sure but I believe later word has it that everyone will be able to become a jedi.

Archived