Home

Planet of the Apes

Guest Boba Rhett

if anybody read Dinosaur World (i think its the name) based on a Ray Bradbury short story (there all short, but i dont remimber the name) was about the f-ups of time travel, a guy did so much damage to the past, that the future didnt exist anymore, the reasong for timetraveling, was to hunt big game dino's i believe...

Yay! More people that support the no-time travel theory! Yay!

Ever watch "Andromeda"? They use the principle that extreme gravity, such as that of a blackhole, slows down time as the base of their story. The Andromeda was dormant for 300 years, when it was pulled from the event horizon by a salvage crew.

what makes me believe it is this:

if someone could go "back in time" they would probably do it at some point, right?

now...along the course of the future, noone has yet to go back in time...and lets say, leave some sort of marking that they did...otherwise we probably would have discovered it in archeology right?

if they visited the cavemen, we would see some "pictures"...dinosaurs...maybe not, but theyd want to go "back" to show civilized humans it was done right?

so wed have historical accounts of it!

so obviously...humans are too stupid to figure out time travel, because noone has come back from the future to tell us about it...

i hope that makes as much sense as it does for me...

besides, we cant even get off the planet, how boring it is to not go explore other worlds...why bother with the impossible?

This is the absolute test!

I hereby swear that I'll have myself or my children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc. come back in time to this very moment at this very spot and tell me that time-travel is real.

*looks at watch*

*starts humming*

*mysterious figure appears in puff of smoke*

mysterious figure: lay off the booze

*mysterious figure leaves in a puff of smoke*

Why would I do this you say? If time-travel was real(in the future), I, being extremely greedy, would travel back to right now and give myself the schematics, ensuring that I would be rich!

Damn...Maybe he's just late. :(;):(

well the thing is, if someone were to go back in time, it would screw everything up. every little thing they did, moving 1 air molecule this way, pushing millions another way, causing a slight wind after a while, which someone may notice at a baseball game, then in turn altering conditions for an extra second, and the game result could be totally different. just as a crappy example, but u get the point. so essentially, going back in time any period would disrupt the entire future, causing you in turn NOT to have gone back in time at that specific moment, therefore creating a serious bugger-up in space-time. you did it, but because you did, you cant have done it.

going forwards in time would eliminate this problem though. as there is no history to screw up, your presence wouldnt be conflicting with any written history (theoretically)

apparently some guy is trying to slow down light moving in a circular pattern (because light affects space-time just as matter does apparently he says), and then when its really slow, and then shoot light in the opposite direction so space and time switch places or some crap, and theoretically he will be able to walk in, go round a few times and come out sometime else. all stuff and nonsense says i, but still.

the only way i forsee backwards time travel possible is if the existence of multiverses is proven and explored. possibly then maybe, and we would be going to our own past, but seeing as the one of the main multiverse theorums suggests the universi are constantly splitting, creating infinite histories in which every possible thing that could ever happen has, and our histories and all factions thereof has already split from there and is independent, travelling to this multiverse would not result in altering of historical events in our ever splitting world.

you see, there could be an infinite number of worlds out there where lucasarts doesnt exist. be thankful :)

argh ive forgotten what ive said. dont lash back at what i said.... do nothing more than go 'hrmmmmmm thats interesting...'. otherwise ill deny i ever said it :)

why am i even involving myself in this? tsk tsk tsk

Guest Boba Rhett

Jeeez, I was exspecting this to get off topic but I thought it would be about monkeys or evolution or something but nooooooooo.

But in the future they have a history. Therefore you would screw that up. You could end up creating the next Hitler. Would you wanna be respnsible for that?

Multiverses-I hate these the most of all. I believe in them somewhat, but the thought of when you get back...Am I in MY universe...or not

You'll never know!

ahhhh true, but the history of he future could be that you stepped into a time machine and went into the future, never to be seen again, until now, so it would all fit in. you wouldnt have returned to the past and lived your life. you would have been missing. itd all fit :)

Archived