Home

Mission Pack?

Outlaw

If JK2 was constructed in such a short time than it would be reasonable to think that the game will not be very long. If this is true I hope a mission pack is released some time in the future. The pack could include locals that take place in Episode 1 and 2.

Guest Sarcastic Saint

And besides Raven happens to be very "fast" in making stuff with this engine....they are after all experienced with it.

Remember that "little" E3 demo??

They put that together in....2 months??!!

And that was just a demo....not to mention the fact that they were at the same time working on the actual game....so logicaly speaking....this game is gonna ROCK!!! :lightning

They "say" it took em two months to make that demo, but somehow I think otherwise. If this game is released around Feb. or March as scheduled, that would mean the game only took a year to make, something that just doesn't happen in the gaming industry.

I don't care what they say, but I think they started working on this game when they cancelled ObiWan.

However, if this game is delayed like most games, I'll believe them.:)

It's difficult to say what kind of addon pack I would personally like without first knowing what is actually in JKII. Once I can get my hands on it, and determine what I like and what I think is missing, at that point I could start to assemble a well-thought wish-list.

Originally posted by SlowbieOne

Since JK had MotS, and Elite Force had an add on, I'm pretty much counting on an expansion.

Despite what most people said, I liked MotS just as much as JK, both SP and MP.

However, I heard the EF expansion was less than stellar. Confirmations?

mots was great :)

heatseaker rails needed a bit more balancing IE alot harder to get those rounds.

carbon gun was far to easy to use......but man it was fun shattering frozen ass people hehe :)

personalities mode in mots was great.

I would like it if we finished with Katarn after this episode. There is only so many times you can play with a character before it becomes tiring.

After this game, that would make a trilogy (I'm not counting MOTS). Its better to leave on a high, rather than people getting bored of you. TV series always make that mistake...

wardz

Regarding MotS, I would have to say that, in my opinion, it was far superior to standard JK. The personalities were most righteous, and the mixing of dark and light powers quite cool. While the SP may have been stronger in JK, I strongly believe that MotS was superior in MP. Yes, the carb gun was easy, but it was fun to use, and could be countered with enough experience. And there were techniques to minimize the threat from seekers, as well.

In all my gaming experience, no game has been more fun for me, than Mysteries of the Sith. And that's saying a lot.

Id have to say that the game Iv enjoyed the most playing was Dark Forces, the first, the original one

That was one great game

sure it didnt have mp, but It was great

I think Ill never forget the last fight, with the Phase 3 DT (General Mohc), when lights lowered, and you heard his voice

great game

I also liked mots more than JK, but not everyone had It so I didnt play it as much as Id wanted to

Originally posted by SlowbieOne

They "say" it took em two months to make that demo, but somehow I think otherwise. If this game is released around Feb. or March as scheduled, that would mean the game only took a year to make, something that just doesn't happen in the gaming industry.

I'd almost agree with you if it wasn't for Heretic II. They produced that game in just over a year. I agree that they probably came up with some concepts and stuff before getting the Green Light in February, but I reckon actual physical development didn't start until then. ;)

As for an Expansion Pack...it's been discussed before, mostly with regard to Co-Op and MP. As for anything else, like SP missions, I think they would have to come up with something along the same line as MotS...a new story, new characters, new levels, some new functionality. LEC set the trend, and I think fans would be disappointed with anything less.

The only other thing I can think of is that Random Mission Generator for SOFII. Maybe that could be revamped as an expansion for JKII...although it's hard to judge how that will pan out with SOFII.

I guess Vag is right...until we actually know what's in the game, and what issues there are with it, in terms of wanted features that didn't make it, it's hard to say what an Expansion Pack should contain.

The only thing I will say is that there probably should be one at some point.

Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing another whole game in the series. A Jedi Knight III would be great, IMHO. Although I'm not sure it should go any further than that. ;)

Archived