Home

how do you become a mod

captain_drake

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

Here are the requirements to become a mod, in order of importance:

1) Make good posts. Encourage intelligent discussion, not spamming. It's the best way to become a mod AND a valuable member here.

2) There has to be a demand. We don't promote mods for fun here, there must be positions open.

3) Be available. If you can only get online once a week, it's pretty pointless to promote you to moderator.

4) Type well. Although this is facultative, we favor people who use correct punctuation and grammar in their posts.

1) wellllllllll :D j/k *check*

2) Darn!!! ;)

3) Hehehehehehehehehe *check* :D

4) Wadda miena tyope waeell? Shurze i doo. *cheuck* :D

Actually, in all seriousness, I think you shouldn't become a mod just because you say "I would like to assume the position of a mod too like Captain Drake" or something similar. You should be mature, responsible, and understandable, and have a litle more seniority than two weeks.

Maybe I have seen Leon this weekend. I just don't know how he looks. I've seen a vague photo of him a long time ago, but that's it (we were at the same concert).

And as for mods ... you can't ask to become a mod and then they say 'Kaj, we'll make you a mod'. There are only a few mods for a lot of members.

And of course ... being a mod needs commitment. It doesn't matter how many posts you make on a day. I think they prefer someone who makes 1 post everyday then someone who makes 14 in a week (and all those 14 on one day). And last but never least ... You'll have to read all the threads (or 90% of them) or else being a mod would have no meaning.

Don't ask them, they ask you

For Proof you dont need a lot of posts to become mod, just look under my avatar.

Okay okay, I'm not really a full time moderator but an Administrator and mostly because I work with the big guys like Aristotle, Chris, Zero, Swoosh and the Mojo staff.

I hope one day people will add my name to that list of guys who brought to the world the http://www.lucasgames.com and http://www.lucasforums.com sites :D

(that sounds egoistic right? :p)

Archived