Home

Medical Units?

Lord JayVizIon

Originally posted by Tie Guy

WEll, healing definately isn't a dark side power, so i doubt that the sith will have it. And i think Mr. Fixit said that conversion and cloak are all a jedi has...or needs. Maybe they will have an individual "medic" unit, like a two onebee droid, but i doubt it.

Actuall dakr side users have used healing, in Shadows of the Empire (the novel) Darth Vader is slowly healing himself, what you think is that healing doesn't sound like a bad guy type of thing, therefore a sith must not be able to heal.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tie Guy

Exactly. Healing isn't a dark side power by any source i've ever heard. Just like grip or lightning are not light side powers.

Originally posted by observer_20000

You misinterpret my post, I said in Shadows of the Empire, Vader WAS healing himself.

Yeah Tie, Healing is kind of a neutral Jedi Power....refer to the top for MY opinion :D

Originally posted by darthfergie

Why the HECK NOT?????:mad:

I guess TIE Guy got his wish. Two-OneBee droids...:o

WOOHO! 2-1B! Whats so bad about that fergie?

Originally posted by Kvan

WOOHO! 2-1B! Whats so bad about that fergie?

Have you read his colomn on star wars insider??? He is the cheapest little droid in the SW universe:D

But really I think the Jedi need healing powers. That would make them invincible...I mean make them more realistic...

Originally posted by darthfergie

Have you read his colomn on star wars insider??? He is the cheapest little droid in the SW universe:D

But really I think the Jedi need healing powers. That would make them invincible...I mean make them more realistic...

Yeah I have the essential guide to droids :D So I know all about him. They can also put in the FX series of droids!

When you think about it, Jedi rarely use their healing power, so it's no biggy if it's not in the game :p

Guest Imperial Jawa

2 reasons why i would NOT want a jedit to heal.

1) Say you have your echo base troopers fighting in a heated battle against several atats and it your starting to lose ground. Soon the enemy starts moving in, preparing to trgt the main generators. But wait! Your ally has just appeared with 7(!) jedi to aid you they run up to the at ats, lightsaber extended and in a swift flash of light they start to ............ heal all your troopers. You curse the AI as you start smacking the monitor and watch the jedis be picked off by the massive atat's. You constantly flair the spot and yell at your ally to micro, but alas, the power of the lag conquers the power of the force, and you go into a fit of rage the moment you see your generators exlpoding...... but wait.. you felt something in that rage..... i strange sensation you haven't felt since... And now you are slowly on your way down the dark path... too busy to mind what you have learned, even though save you it can, and on this day a Dark Jedi is born, all because a Jedi decided to show off in battle and start healing everyone.

2) This one is much shorter, and simpler. I would not want to pay 450 gold for a unit to go pick up a relic! Or heal for that matter. 450 would be more than anything in age of empires, not including buildings.

Guest Tie Guy

Wow, i agree.

I don't want the Jedi to heal because they would be way unbalanced. They already have strong melee, cloaking, and conversion, what more do they need? Certainly not healing powers.

well, if you look at how Jedi-like units in AOK (monks) were, you'd see that they weren't damaging to your resources at all... they just cost a lot of gold.. and they could not fight..so already jedi would be better than monks in AOK..

the whole thought of an all-in-one unit sounds a bit lame.. like those RTS games where you know you've won once you can make a certain unit..

Guest Imperial Jawa

Yes but nobody ever builds monks. You can already make 5 cahmpions for 1 monk, think how many you could afford with 450.

Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon

your master strategy may be gone, but i think jedi without healing will add more strategy, especially in balancing your resources b/c you now know that it will take something to produce medics, eventhough they may be cheap......

I was only Joking:chewie:

I will be a pain though to build 2-1B droids for basically nothing because if you are trying to make an army you don't want a healer taking the place of a bounty hunter or Jedi.

Guest Imperial Jawa

If your trying to make an army and are worried about 1 or 2 spots being replaced with other units, thna you have already lost the game. You should attack from the very begining to get the uper hand, and never stop. Very rarely do I see a skilled player in AoK sit at his base making an army, leaving me completely unmolested.

Guest xwing guy

about nobody using monks in AOK thats not true b/c with monks all I ever use them for is to pick up relics the GB equalivent of a jedi holocron and you get a unlimited steady stream of gold and that more than would make up for the cost of a jedi.

Guest Tie Guy

Besides the relic thing, the only reason most people build monks is so they can heal. They are too weak to use in battle except to heal your army. So really monks are just like 21-B's that can pick up relics, and maybe convert something if they get lucky and don't atack you.

Guest Imperial Jawa

yes, i agree it is worth the 100 gold to pick up the relics, but not 450.

450 gold in castle would cripple your military efforts and you would not be getting a return no it till late imp, if you last that long.

i read somewhere that jedi weren't to be healers

and think of the trade fed. they would have jedi healing machines. it dosn't work.

i think there will be something to the tune of a wookie doctor or a federation repair droid. unique to each civ:rolleyes:

Guest Boba Fat

I agree God but maybe they could have medics that take wounded back to a sort of hospital and the troops get healed! Then they return to battle! BTW what does j/k stand for??? Is it joke??

Boba Fat :fett:

Archived