Home

Any one Play Indy and the Infernal Machine?

The Adventurer

Indy3D...

Well, I don't like it. That is to say, I would send Trap the first CD if the postage weren't so high. In general, as a game, it is outdated, has clunky controls, lots of bugs, and little fun.

However... I'm no fan of Tomb Raider. I've tried playing it several times, and each one I hated the controls so much, I just had to stop. Also, although the engine was very outdated, the level design was beautiful in some places. I mean, things you could just stand and look at. And besides, I didn't expect much. I have recieved, sadly, even less, but it was still worth the money. I played through with God mode, and just watched a very annoying interactive movie. In that way, it's quite fun. It is Indy, after all.

In conclusion, I'm not going to replay it, but if anyone should get their hands on it, there's no reason not to pass it with god mode on.

Originally posted by Lemon Head

it had the same controls as tomb raider and i dont see anyone dissing that - maybe if jones had got a little surgery things might have been different

I've never played a Tomb Raider game, and if its controls are the same as Infernal Machine's, I won't ever be playing them. :)

I liked it. The story was great and intriguing, I wanted to play more and more. The controls weren't the best, no, but I got used to them and they weren't a problem after awhile. I liked all the secret stuff in the game (Anyone else found that huge underground gorge in the first level). The last two levels were really neat. However, I found the robot boss to be too easy. Much too obvious on what to do.

The cool part is that the game never explains some of the oddities, such as robots in ancient egypt and what the atherium was. It's better left unknown :jawa

it's hard to create a good difficulty level on games because some people are better at them than others.

Re: the robot boss - they wanted a solution that was more than just shooting it, and while it may not have been exceptionally difficult to work out, i can't stand it when i'm stumped on the same boss for months on end.

They're solutions were much more satisfying than the ordinary shoot-till-they-die strategy which is still favoured by a very large number of games.

I think we need more original paths to take, like we could in Indy, i want the "difficulty level" of games to be dicated by how much i need to think and solve, not how many more bullets i need to pump into a creature.

Archived