Home

Any one Play Indy and the Infernal Machine?

The Adventurer

great game.........

The only regret is the graphic... Think at that game

with the engine of RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFESTEIN...

I say this after seen the nazists charcters...

Good game, but LA is not making the miracles that made in the past...

JKII included.... evryone is happy because watching the stormtroopers with more poligons than the precedent is surely fantastic, but nothing compared with HF, MAX PAYNE, and the 3d games actually coming. Or already comes...MAX PAYNE is better than JK2 and it comes out months ago.

I thought Indy and teh Infernal Machine was great! I'm a big Tomb Raider fan, so I already liked teh style. But this game is MASSIVE.. HUGE... quite big...

And the graphics looked great, I mean.. just look at those Textures (Created by non-other than Bill Tiller, CMI genius!) At the time they where some of the best I'd ever seen!

And I'm still spooked by the fact that when I finished the game my score was 1138...

All the Best

~Skyfox

I agree with Skyfox, it was great!

I didn't encounter any bugs. And I'm way too tired to make this post interesting. I think I will sleep now... sleep...

"I'm no gardener, but I read somewhere that plants need light!"

Oh, and did anyone else get to the secret level at the end? Eh? Eh?

And I found something funny in the game, but I'm not going to tell you!! Ha!

Originally posted by SlowbieOne

I felt this game was made just to cash in. They basically tried to copy Tomb Raider and failed miserably. Some of the most shameful control ever, hands down.

Ehehehehem, was Maniac Mansion just cashing in on Sierra's graphic adventures...?

Originally posted by SlowbieOne

I felt this game was made just to cash in. They basically tried to copy Tomb Raider and failed miserably. Some of the most shameful control ever, hands down.

I think they tried to take the tomb radier genre but make a good original game instead of the god-awful series starring a certain woman who should have an unpleasant balance problem.

I personally think they suceeded, i'd play indy over tomb raider ANY day, a far better and far more immersive game in every particular

I didn't like Infernal Machine. Yes, the controls were very clunky and the engine was already quite outdated when it was released. But I must say that I just didn't care for the story, and the dialogue seemed pretty poor in some places. I usually try to avoid having high expectations about any game or movie, but I couldn't help it due to Hal Barwood's work on Fate of Atlantis. Story wise, this game just didn't live up. I will, however, give it credit about bridging the gap a bit between graphic adventures and action games. Although neither the action parts or the puzzles were that great, in my opinion. I never did find the killing of communists to be fun. I had very little fun playing this game, even though I really wanted to.

"I'm no gardener, but I think I read somewhere that plants need light." -- Yeah, no sh*t, Professor Jones.

I just felt them to be slow and cumbersome. It didn't have the smooth, fast, fun controls of a game like, say, Max Payne, Alice, or Drakan... not that I loved those games, but I enjoyed their controls. Indy moved like an old man in comparison... which I suppose he is by now.

Archived