Home

Futurama

Keyan Farlander

Anybody here like Futurama? I think is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. There are some great lines in that series. One of my favorites was from Bender - "Maybe blasting this quadrant of space into a hell-storm of flaming nothingness will cheer me up a little." Great stuff :) If you've never seen it, make it a point to watch it sometime.

Guest SlashAndBurn

Futurama is a great show stuck in a horrible time slot! Why cannt it be on right before the Simpsons? Why do theyhave to put King of the Hill on in between? I hate that show. Also that way Futurama would be preemted less by sports.

I love Futurama too; I get all the SF jokes.

Originally posted by milkshake

I have a Problem.

Actually, you have more than one. Your post count is just the most obvious. ;)

Originally posted by milkshake

Fox is much better in Oz

Everything is much better in Oz.

<small>Oh, wait. You meant Oz as in Australia, right? Never mind.</small>

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Isn't Fear Factor on NBC?

I thought it was on Global, 'cause of the jokes we do on the Andromeda newsgroup.

Next week, on Fear Factor, Global Television's programming directors will be locked in a room full of angry SF fans. . .

It's currently a toss-up between the Andromeda fans and the Stargate SG-1 fans. :evil1:

Either way, it'll look something like this: :mob:

Sorry Zarg; I forgot I wasn't on Usenet.

SF = Speculative Fiction (Science-fiction + fantasy).

Global TV hates SF. They've fallen into that trap where SF is for children and young adolescents. Since neither of those groups is apparently a large Network Demographic, Global uses SF as mere filler.

The rest of the world started watching the new season of SG-1 in October. CH (the Global affiliate that carries SG-1) has been running an endless loop of reruns. It doesn't look like we're going to be seeing anything new until January or later.

They've been playing musical timeslots with Andromeda pretty much since day one, and they'll pre-empt it for anything.

The only SF series that Global seems to have any tolerance for it Mutant X, which is locked with adamantium seals at 10pm Saturday, despite being cr@p.

Archived