Home

Obi-Wan Update

Outlaw

Another Obi-Juan review at Gamingxpress. This one not quite as harsh, but still, comments on Obi's split-screen mode are somewhat dissapointing:

The replay value of the game will be extended by the late addition of "Jedi Battle", a multiplayer mode where you and a friend can hack at each other in split-screen mode. The battle environments are few in number and relatively small--don't expect many long chases down endless corridors, but they usually afford excellent opportunities to show off all your saber moves and Force powers. However, the limited number of battle environments speaks to the Jedi Battle's inclusion as an 11th-hour addition to the game. Since the Xbox won't have the same kinds of add-on paths available as a PC game, you can consider this the third missed opportunity.

See Lucasarts, u should have keep Obi-wan for the PC. If Lucasarts ever port or bring Jedi Outcast to something other than PC then i'm gonna *in the words of ed_silvergun*

Originally posted by ed_silvergun

rest assured, I will go Gungan on yo ass!

I agree with you, digl. Maybe JKII was planned for development at some stage...but I think it got moved into the fast lane when Obi-Wan was ported to X-Box.

Well, I've been lurking in this thread, absorbing all the feedback like a sponge, and it sounds like Obi turned out the way I hoped it wouldn't. I was hoping LEC could pull a magic rabbit out of the hat, and make the game great...but it's got most of the issues we feared. Ironically, the lightsaber combat sounds like it turned out okay in the end...but they were probably right to go with that kind of controller. It simply would not have worked on the PC...or would not have been an enjoyable experience with keyb/mouse.

Maybe LEC can learn from this...in the same way they learned lessons from Force Commander (apparently) to give us SWBG (which I hope to get soon). As long as they're willing to sift through the feedback, and actually recognise the game's shortcomings, a sequel could always be better.

Anyway, the issue is academic for me...unless I can hire an X-Box and the game to try out on it, I won't be playing Obi-Wan...

The graphics are blocky and drab, especially when compared with other Xbox releases. This is because the game was originally designed for PCs and it was built using the graphics engine for "Jedi Knight", a game that's more than 3 years old.

From Tech TV's review of Obi-Wan for Xbox.

I guess fact checking is optional at TechTV. :rolleyes:

Archived