Home

New Screenshots.

GonkH8er

One thing I have noticed and hope it is because the game is still

in developement is every skin has the exact pose when firing a

gun.

Compare the Stormtrooper, Imperial Officer, Rodian, ect in facing

you head on and firing their weapon at you. They each have the

same exact posture, there heads are all tilted to the side at the exact same angle, just different texturing in the body.

Perhaps this will change. I hope so as if you walk into a room

with 10 dudes all looking like cookie cut outs it will add a goofy,

distracting element to the gameplay.

But other than that the game looks fantastic to me. I am getting so psyched to play this game. Raven looks to be doing a great job.

Well, as suggested elsewhere these are probably earlier build screenshots again...so a lot of things have probably changed. I too hope that all enemies do not adopt the same poses...but then I would also wish for different sizes of similar characters, a lot of facial variation (particularly among the humans), and have at least some enemies with weapons holstered (especially those supposedly working at terminals, etc.) I guess we'll have to wait and see...

If u look at most games the enemy tweaks coem late in development. First you do the player stuff. (camera,guns, model,textures,motion capture andd other stuff) then you do the levels so it's ready to put the player in. then you do the enemies which are inserted into levels and given their properties. then they do npcs give them stuff -----stuff goes here to do with game can't be bothered typing----- then near the end they start giving animations and tweaks to level and grpahics. they release beta and pick up problems then fix then they mgiht take a bit long here THEN the game gets released.

Originally posted by Darth_Lando

One thing I have noticed and hope it is because the game is still

in developement is every skin has the exact pose when firing a

gun.

Compare the Stormtrooper, Imperial Officer, Rodian, ect in facing

you head on and firing their weapon at you. They each have the

same exact posture, there heads are all tilted to the side at the exact same angle, just different texturing in the body.

Perhaps this will change. I hope so as if you walk into a room

with 10 dudes all looking like cookie cut outs it will add a goofy,

distracting element to the gameplay.

But other than that the game looks fantastic to me. I am getting so psyched to play this game. Raven looks to be doing a great job.

In development I wouldn't be surprised if they're just using the same animations for all the NPCs/opponents in the game. I'm pretty sure they'll change that, though.

Hmm... as you're talking about character animation... Will there be the ghoul system implemented? I encourtered this information in some early news, but i doubted it. To keep consitency with the star wars universe, raven can not allow too much gore. Nevertheless I've noticed interesting element in E3 video by videogamegal. The third stormtrooper kyle kills in this clip loses his hand, but there's no blood visibble (maybe because of poor quality of the stream :D ). It's like in JK, but maybe the system in outcast will be more comlex. BTW the stormtroopers in this first playable release that was shown at E3 die in many different ways, so there's no concern 'bout variety of animations. But remember JK: when you used eg dead sight, enemies dying in the same moment were looking wery funny: not only they had the same frame set, but also the falling sound was exac.

The second stormtrooper killed in the clip gets pushed into the wall before he fall on ground. It's also very similar to JK, don't you think?

And the last tip: it's very difficult to notice, but it seems, that kyle uses his saber to open something like a bridge (when he uses saberthrow twice targeting the column at the center of room). It suggests that the saber may become far more useful in JO.

JO wont use ghoul, It will use ghoul2 :D

ghoul doesnt mean, blood, as you put it

I posted this in another thread

Raven hasn't really released any footage of the new GHOUL2 system, are you guys keeping it top secret until the game's release?

If you're referring to the damage modeling aspect of GHOUL 2, then yes, it's been kept a bit of a secret. GHOUL 2 is a fully functioning modeling and animation system and those aspects of the system are in place in all of their glory and functionality. The damage and dismemberment zones, however, are much more detailed and complicated than those in the original game and that system is constantly evolving and changing. We've shown the per-pixel hit detection and the damage system publicly at E3 and at Quake Con, but a lot of the screenshots focus more on the weapons, characters, environments and gameplay aspects of the game. Not to worry, though. GHOUL 2 is everything fans of the original game would expect. And more…

Welcome Proto.:)

They will definately make use of the GHOUL system. If it's similar to Soldier of Fortune 2, there will be around 50 different body locations you can hit most likely all causing different reactions.

There will definately be limb loss. Arms for sure. Legs and heads would be cool too, but it's doubtful.

I'm not sure about blood, but I doubt it. In my opinion, they should at least have a little bit to make it seem more true to life.

Now that I think about it though, do Stormtroopers even bleed? Were they humans before they become Stormtroopers? Maybe we will find out in Episode 2.:)

It's almost impossible to truly decipher, but in both the video clips we have, I noticed parts where Kyle's saber either causes blood from a Trooper, or causes sparks to fly. Either way, it's something red and as long as SOMETHING happens when you hit someone, that's all I care about, blood or not.:)

I think i saw this goul2 in action in a soldier of fortune II video they shot dead bodies in the leg and stuff. The blood isn't necessarily what's behind the ghoul2 its the way the skeletal system of the character model reacts to other forces provided by the games physics. They can make this game pretty violent without a hint of blood. Which is great :syoda:

Since the lightsaber isn't a weapon, and it doesn't make people bleed. :D

If your talking about cauterizing wounds as soon as they're made, well, blasters would do that too.

Of course I don't think that there should be blood at all. How many games do you know that are better for having blood? Now, how many of those are SW? None. Besides, I beleive they already stated that they won't have more blood that RotJ, which had......none. The only people that died died by blaster bolts and big explosions, and blaster bolts in the movies don't exactly leave gaping holes. Yes, I know there are probably exceptions, but while I am a SW purist, I'm not a "memorize the movies" genre fanatic. So please don't tell me I missed Admiral Duvaka who was killed by a shard of metal in the eye.

Now that I think of it, don't lightsabers make the ONLY blood in the movies Digl?

BTW, I don't know how many of you played the game of TPM, but one of the things that really disapointed me in what little I played was that you couldn't cut the battle droids in half wherever you liked, like the movie :(

the at-st looks nothing like an at-st from the movie looks like something from mech warrior :\ Old build screenshot though. Hopefully they fixed it.

I assure you, that AT-ST is quite accurate to the movies. As has been mentioned elsewhere, it looks a bit odd because of the perspective.

Yeah, what's that missile launcher about?

It's on the AT-ST from RotJ, as a matter of fact. It's a concussion grenade launcher, which I hope will be implemented in at least the Hard difficulty level. :D

I refer both of you to this mirrored photo of the model:

eu_bg.jpg

This photo from the movie:

movie_bg.jpg

And this small picture from the side of the AT-ST Databank entry at starwars.com:

curve.jpg

Archived