Home

Creationism vs Science

WedgeAntilles

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh i see, ive never heard of it refered to it as that.

Im not sure as to what the purpose of Genesis is, but I cant place any faith in it.

Science explains an awful lot but will never be able to explain our entire existence, so I lose interest and just try to get on with life and enjoy it :)

Ahhh i see, ive never heard of it refered to it as that.

Im not sure as to what the purpose of Genesis is, but I cant place any faith in it.

Science explains an awful lot but will never be able to explain our entire existence, so I lose interest and just try to get on with life and enjoy it :)

There is no scientific answer to why we are here.

Creationism: One superbeing (God) created the earth and all that live on it ... requires faith to believe it.

Evolutionism: All is created by pure luck ... requires even more faith to believe.

I believe that there is a God who created the earth and all who live on it, why? Because he wanted to ... that means that we are wanted here and that we are no misformed monkeys.

There is no scientific answer to why we are here.

Creationism: One superbeing (God) created the earth and all that live on it ... requires faith to believe it.

Evolutionism: All is created by pure luck ... requires even more faith to believe.

I believe that there is a God who created the earth and all who live on it, why? Because he wanted to ... that means that we are wanted here and that we are no misformed monkeys.

Originally posted by Young David

Because he wanted to ... that means that we are wanted here and that we are no misformed monkeys.

That requires an awful lot of blind faith. I genuinely hope that you are right, but is something I couldn't possibly commit to.

Originally posted by Young David

Because he wanted to ... that means that we are wanted here and that we are no misformed monkeys.

That requires an awful lot of blind faith. I genuinely hope that you are right, but is something I couldn't possibly commit to.

I'm with Young David on this one.

Like he said, it would take more energy, more faith to believe that by some pure stroke of luck the universe just happened to explode into being. Or harder yet, that there is order through-out this "accidental" universe like laws of physics, galaxies, carbon chains, life cycles etc.. Or how about the extreme luck that some single-celled life form was created at random by the spark of some static discharge near some premordial slime. Or better yet, that single-celled life form was able to adapt and "evolve" into what we see today.

Or....

That some higher being wanted life like this and created it, with order etc.

It just seems "right" that someone out there did this. For me personally, that's God. But that's only my personal belief.

Like he said, it would take more energy, more faith to believe that by some pure stroke of luck the universe just happened to explode into being. Or harder yet, that there is order through-out this "accidental" universe like laws of physics, galaxies, carbon chains, life cycles etc.. Or how about the extreme luck that some single-celled life form was created at random by the spark of some static discharge near some premordial slime. Or better yet, that single-celled life form was able to adapt and "evolve" into what we see today.

Or....

It just seems "right" that someone out there did this. For me personally, that's God. But that's only my personal belief.

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

Or....

That's just a string of unlikely events taking place, and taking place billions of years apart from eachother I might add, it's not like they all happened in 5 minutes. I don't see how that proves that "some higher being" created all of this.

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

Or....

That's just a string of unlikely events taking place, and taking place billions of years apart from eachother I might add, it's not like they all happened in 5 minutes. I don't see how that proves that "some higher being" created all of this.

Originally posted by observer_20000

This is precisely why I dont commit to any kind of ideology. Nothing is certain. Who knows what we will know in 100 years time. Only in death shall we learn....

Originally posted by observer_20000

This is precisely why I dont commit to any kind of ideology. Nothing is certain. Who knows what we will know in 100 years time. Only in death shall we learn....

I'm with Dudar and Observer here on this one..

I think you can't prove that a supreme being created this universe. To me, scientific ways make a lot more sense then genesis.

But what would you care? I'm justa sinful Agnostic who will burn for all eternity :rolleyes:

Archived