Home

Creationism vs Science

WedgeAntilles

I'm with Dudar and Observer here on this one..

I think you can't prove that a supreme being created this universe. To me, scientific ways make a lot more sense then genesis.

But what would you care? I'm justa sinful Agnostic who will burn for all eternity :rolleyes:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's no way u can 'prove' God exists, u have to experience his presence for yourself, and when u do, you'll know that he exists.

anyways, it's something like that. I'm a christian, been so since i was like 5, i am giften in the holy spirit (speaking in tongues), and i talk to Jesus/God.

Now if a mod would please close this, i have a feeling that in a day or 2 the thread will result in a flame war. I've seen far too many of these threads, so i know what i'm talking about. ;) There's nothign wrong with these threads at first, but when there's 2 different opinions, the flaming goes beyond gamecube vs xbox, if u know what i mean, and people take the flaming personally, and end up offended and leaving the forums with hurt feelings. :D

there's no way u can 'prove' God exists, u have to experience his presence for yourself, and when u do, you'll know that he exists.

anyways, it's something like that. I'm a christian, been so since i was like 5, i am giften in the holy spirit (speaking in tongues), and i talk to Jesus/God.

Now if a mod would please close this, i have a feeling that in a day or 2 the thread will result in a flame war. I've seen far too many of these threads, so i know what i'm talking about. ;) There's nothign wrong with these threads at first, but when there's 2 different opinions, the flaming goes beyond gamecube vs xbox, if u know what i mean, and people take the flaming personally, and end up offended and leaving the forums with hurt feelings. :D

I am now going to withdrawl from this thread, it only has the potential for flaming. I am a kind and non-confrontational person by nature and choose not to place my faith on the line here. I simply stated my beliefs, not the facts nor the all encompassing "Truth" that adheres to all people of all walks and beliefs.

What I believe cannot be forced unto others, it is your choice to make, and I respect your choices and beliefs. Please do not place quotes form my original statements with any demeaning or inflamatory remarks.

That's just a string of unlikely events taking place, and taking place billions of years apart from eachother I might add, it's not like they all happened in 5 minutes. I don't see how that proves that "some higher being" created all of this.

Observer_2000, exactly! My statements won't and can't prove a higher being exists. Science will prove only that which is measurable, tangible or observable. It can't prove nor disprove that which exists in the soul, supernaturally , or in an ether world. I know, because I am a huge fan of science. God (or the existence of any higher being) is only accepted through Faith, not scientific facts.

I am sorry If I came across all-knowing and "right" in my thinking. I was only stating my personal beliefs, and wish no one to feel pressured into believing them or feel that their beliefs must now be defended. please continue posting without me, for I feel nothing good can come of this... too many peoples beliefs on the line.

evolution vs. creation has been a fire that has been fueled by debate for many years and though it seems dormant it lies smoldering just waiting for threads like these. Please my friends, use judgment and choose you words well, as to not incite anger or feelings of religious slander. continue if you must, but exercise caution.

I am now going to withdrawl from this thread, it only has the potential for flaming. I am a kind and non-confrontational person by nature and choose not to place my faith on the line here. I simply stated my beliefs, not the facts nor the all encompassing "Truth" that adheres to all people of all walks and beliefs.

What I believe cannot be forced unto others, it is your choice to make, and I respect your choices and beliefs. Please do not place quotes form my original statements with any demeaning or inflamatory remarks.

That's just a string of unlikely events taking place, and taking place billions of years apart from eachother I might add, it's not like they all happened in 5 minutes. I don't see how that proves that "some higher being" created all of this.

Observer_2000, exactly! My statements won't and can't prove a higher being exists. Science will prove only that which is measurable, tangible or observable. It can't prove nor disprove that which exists in the soul, supernaturally , or in an ether world. I know, because I am a huge fan of science. God (or the existence of any higher being) is only accepted through Faith, not scientific facts.

I am sorry If I came across all-knowing and "right" in my thinking. I was only stating my personal beliefs, and wish no one to feel pressured into believing them or feel that their beliefs must now be defended. please continue posting without me, for I feel nothing good can come of this... too many peoples beliefs on the line.

evolution vs. creation has been a fire that has been fueled by debate for many years and though it seems dormant it lies smoldering just waiting for threads like these. Please my friends, use judgment and choose you words well, as to not incite anger or feelings of religious slander. continue if you must, but exercise caution.

You never know, It could have been creationism through evolution. Have you ever looked at it that way? The thought that there is one supreme being, and he did create the world. But how he created it remains a mystery. I think he created it through forcing genes to mutate. That may be the answer to this entire argument. But some devout creationists will argue that it all happened in one place, at one time. I agree with the whole day thing also. A day to God could be 50,000,000 years. That would further bolster the creation through evolution theory.

Originally posted by Artoo

You never know, It could have been creationism through evolution. Have you ever looked at it that way?

Yes, I have ... and it is possible. The 6 days of creation could have taking quitte long. And I think that dinosaurs indeed existed and that they got wiped out by ... water. The book of Job is written before the big flood and talks about a dinosaur (Job 40 I believe ... some translations translate is a a hippo, wich cannot be true looking at its description).

The point of a thread like this is not convincing the others that your vission is true (You won't convince me that I'm wrong). It is just there for giving stuff to think about.

What I do want to have clear is that both evolutionism and creationism require faith and none of those can be considered science (not every scientist believes in evolutionism)

And while I'm still typing (hasn't to do much with the topic) ... The book of Jesaja talks about a round earth ... way before Columbus came with that wacky idea of him ...

Originally posted by Young David

The book of Job is written before the big flood and talks about a dinosaur (Job 40 I believe ... some translations translate is a a hippo, wich cannot be true looking at its description).

Aaahhh. You are refering to the descriptions of the Leviathan, possibly a big carnivorous dinosaur, and the behemoth, possibly a large herbivorous dinosaur. Of course this would mean that there would be a very large expanse between bible times and our times. Oh well, that is a very interesting point to bring up.

Heehee. Alf is funny.:D

I believe that God created the world in 6 days our time by speaking things into exsitance and that the dinosaurs became extict by the Flood and I believe in none of that evolution or natural selection stuff. That's my believes and I leave it simply at that, I don't think about how it all came into being really because it doesn't matter much about how we came into exsitance, what matters is how we live our lives today.

Well ... there is a kind of evolution going on, yes. But we are degrading ... If a bird never flies, it loses it's ability too fly. But a dog could never fly, he never had that ability and will never have it.

We are all degrading. Why are the first humans as they are named in Genesis that old? Well, they were better humans than we are. You can say the we are getting older again nowadays then we would, say, in the middle-ages ... but that's only because we have better technologies and better knowledge of health and stuff. And knowledge has nothing to do with evolving.

So I don't believe we originate from monkeys ... but from better humans

Originally posted by WedgeAntilles

The theory of evoloution has been proven. We have skulls of animals and we can see how they evolved.

You can see they changed ... or you can see they don't exist anymore. But does that mean that we originated from them.

Evolution has not been proved. It has been commonly accepted because they can't think of another way ... but there are too many gaps to assume that it's the one truth.

OK I am a Christian so obviously I beleive in creationism, BUT I also beleive in evolution, just not human evolution. In all known cases the origin of the evolved organism is no longer on Earth, but apes, monkeys, and oragatangs (sp?) ARE still on Earth so I can find no reason to beleive in human evolution.

There could be some serious flaming here in a minute. This is a serious issue, though, and needs to be discussed.

Frankly, I'm a creationist who believes strictly by the Bible. I do not compromise in my views. I think, I KNOW, that the world and all therein was made in 6 days. Not that the 6 days really matters. Evolution cannot be proved. Neither can creationism. But since I can disprove every theory but creationism, I must believe in God. If anyone wants to talk to me further, IM or e-mail me.

Are you talking about natural selection? Although evolutionists use the term to say Christians believe in evolution, the theory is very Biblical. That is how some say that Noah could have gotten all animals on the ark-- they say he had, for example, a mixed breed dog and, once he "landed" and the animals spread to other parts of the world, there were slight variations, and they became known as different species.

Unlike natural selection, evolution b/w species is not even hinted at in the Bible.

Archived