Home

Wierd Facts

Guest Lord Tirion

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that's some great stuff Rhett! I can just feel my brain absorbing all this useless trivia. I'll be unbeatable at quiz bowl! Also did you know that there was a woman who was asleep in her house and a meteorite crashed through her house and landed right on her stomach! She survived with a mild concussion. Guiness has her listed as the only person evre to survive an extra-planetary collision. I wish I could remember her name. Also a bear fed on honey and grubs is much more tasty than a bear fed on meat. Also there are more than 300 classified species of dinosaur. Just some brain munchies for ya.

That's a gas!

*sorry for the incredibly bad pun*

Did you know that migratory birds actually have 2 different personalities? One for one place and one for another. The memories resurface in there conscious when they get to another place. Scientists did an experiment on some tagged birds to figure this out. They changed one place to look like the other while the birds were away. The birds came back and stayed in entirely different places while in the changed location. Than while they were in the unchanged location. But they always seemed to come back to these places.

This is like an entire page of Rhett's useless trivia stuck into one thread. Thanx Rhett! Therewas a question about Turkey at a recent Quiz Bowl practice.

Artoo - I *seriously* doubt that story about the woman surviving the meteorite crash. Give me a page number in Guiness that I can look it up in; otherwise, I think you've been deceived.

Think about it. People die from being struck by pennies released from the tops of skyscrapers. A meteorite, even one with a tiny mass, has an enormous amount of momentum by the time it makes it to the surface. Meteorites regularly destroy houses and cars, even when they're the size of a golf ball.

A human being hit by a meteorite would not survive. She'd probably have a nice gaping hole in her chest. Plus, there's one other ambiguous fact... how did she get a concussion if she was hit in the chest?

Sorry for being no fun :(.

Another addition: Owls are the only birds who can see the color blue.

Pennies can't kill people because,

1. high surface/mass ratio

2. As a result, they reach a fairly low terminal velocity.

3. If an object isn't aerodynamically stable, it tumbles. This make's the terminal velocity even lower.

They sure would sting but they wouldn't even brake the skin.

It's perfectly possible for someone to survive a meteorite impact.

Sorry for being fun. :D

btw, 95% of white cats with blue eyes are deaf.

Suuuuuperdullard, here to seize the day from out of the clutches of those who would make it interesting.

Most toilet paper is white

If a mouse bites you, it might have rabies

Never go outside. It might rain. Stay inside and be a dullard like me.....

Sleep is good

I'll posting these things as I discover them.....

Maybe a peanut could but I wouldn't be so sure, w/ mass being compared to density. A pen certainly would be able to w/ it's mass, and density. Montpelier is the only state capitol w/o a McDonalds. Gerald Ford is the only president to be appointed. (when nixon resigned and Agnew became president and appointed Gerald Ford V.P. Then Agnew resigned leaving Ford to be President.)

Archived