Home

Species...

Graeme_

I think I'll stick to the rather boring and mundane human character (I'm the kind of person whose favorite ice cream is vanilla). Rodian would be pretty intersting though. I'm sure I'll have a few of different species. I definitely will have to have one Mon Calamari.. although I'm not so sure how suave I can be with fish eyes. icon_wink.gif

Is that from experience Tracer, or you think you don't have enough skill for it?

I think you'd be surprised how much fun it can be to do something you've never done before. I'm doing a lot of research into the Star Wars genre to get myself up to speed on all of the races and relationships in the Star Wars Universe. I'm hoping to create something that will give people direction and ideas on how they can role play in the Star Wars Universe. Not that I think I have the definitive answer on how it should be done, but I don't want the people who have never role played before to feel uncomfortable about trying it for the first time.

Unfortunately A great deal of role players come accross as condescending to anyone who isn't as familiar with role playing as they are. I find that a sad commentary, and I'm hoping I can dispel some that stigma.

The first time playing a MMORPG can be a little intimidating. I spent the first hours just trying to figure out how to navigate around the town I started in. It wasn't much fun, but I was determined and eventually found a few people that helped me out and made the whole experience a lot of fun.

It helps to have people around that can assist you in the beginning. Player Associations will be a great way to get involved and not feel so overwhelmed. I'd suggest eventually finding one that you like and signing up. I can guarantee that there will be hundreds to choose from even before the game goes gold.

Being a part of sites like this one is a great idea as well. SWO is going to be a great resource for SWG, and I'm sure they'll have a lot of info to help get people started.

Guest Darth Evad
Unfortunately A great deal of role players come accross as condescending to anyone who isn't as familiar with role playing as they are. I find that a sad commentary, and I'm hoping I can dispel some that stigma.

This is why I'll be following MikeC around for awhile. icon_wink.gif Plus, he might be a Wookie and I might need a Wookie to help out until I feel comfortable.

I'm going to be a male human.

• 2 weeks later...

This is from the databanks at www.starwars.com

No one is quite sure how Darth Sidious came across his young and deadly apprentice. He was raised from an early age to be a weapon, tempered by harsh, abusive training to become an incredible warrior. Once a Zabrak from Iridonia, Maul abandoned all trace of his former identity when he took on his Sith name. So complete was his devotion that he even endured the agony of having intricate Sith tattoos applied to his entire body.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived