Home

whats your fav platform to play sw games

Zygomaticus

Guest Rogue15

all. PC would probably be my first choice tho, but i find sp funner on console. My favorite console to game on is Nintendo 64. Currently trying to beat Donkey Kong 64, I'm going through it again to find stuff that I probably missed my first time around, which i didn't get 100+% on. Thinking of either upgrading this to run games such as Star Wars Galaxies, or getting a gamecube. I'd like to upgrade this SO much, i've got $300 to spend on it...

Guest Rogue15
Originally posted by idiot00001

It's my 100th post!!!!!

Yay! congratulations! Rhett get out the baloons and crank the music!

/end sarcasm

Guest Olsmo Lahun

PPPPPPPPPPPPCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC is good b/c of more controls (with a joystick or gamepad makes it fun;) ) but PS is well... ok

Guest Tie Guy

Well, you have a few more options on the pc, but when you look at it, it is hard to get much more than 10 or so different hot keys and be able to access them quickly quickly

So, my vote goes for the PS2 controller, the Dual Shock II. IMO, the playstation controllers are a stroke of pure genious. Everything is very accessible, and the controller itself feels great in your habd. Plus, it has lots of buttons, plenty enouhg for any game.

Guest Luke Skywalker

Im inclined to agree with you Tie Guy. The Game Cube controllers are way to complicated. The X BoX controllers are HUGE, just like there console. The PS2 controllers are of perfect size and your hand fits easily to the controller with everything where it should be.

Guest Rogue15
Originally posted by Tie Guy

Well, you have a few more options on the pc, but when you look at it, it is hard to get much more than 10 or so different hot keys and be able to access them quickly quickly

*COUGH*GET-A-DECENT-JOYSTICK*COUGH*

And there are gamepads available for pc, and the force feedback stuff too.

Guest Luke Skywalker

I saw this one joystick at radioshack and it was designed to replicated one in a fighter. It had this yellow cap that if you flicked up revealed a large red button that in, most, F16 style whatever games it fired the best missile or weapon. :D too bad it was 80 bucks,

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Rogue15

*COUGH*GET-A-DECENT-JOYSTICK*COUGH*

And there are gamepads available for pc, and the force feedback stuff too.

I have a nice joystick, no force feedback, but it has a bunch of buttons, but still not as many as the ps2 controller.

BTW, the gamepads for the PC are horrible. they are like the old Super Nintendo controllers.

Guest Luke Skywalker

You can get some really nice gamepads for the PC its just that they are hard to find and when you do find them they are too expensive.

Guest Rogue15

whoa, that's alot, what other features did it have, sounds the price of a Force Feedback one with the twist.

The joystick i have is a Saitek Cyborg 2000, it has 3 thumb buttons, 4-way hat, throttle, trigger (well, duh), wrist support, and it's adjustable to any hand. :) my friend got me a 10% discount on it, so i got it for $38.

Guest Luke Skywalker

Thats 80$ Canadian so its like 65$ American. Maybe a little more. It had a whole list of features, a long one too.

Guest Admiral Odin

PC.

Just because you can do so much more with a game. Mainly edit it, then You just seem to have many more option in PC then consoles.

Guest Tie Guy

whoa, that's alot, what other features did it have, sounds the price of a Force Feedback one with the twist.

The joystick i have is a Saitek Cyborg 2000, it has 3 thumb buttons, 4-way hat, throttle, trigger (well, duh), wrist support, and it's adjustable to any hand. :) my friend got me a 10% discount on it, so i got it for $38.

Mines a Gravis Blackhawk Digital. Its sounds like your except with 4 buttons rather than 3. It feels very nice in my hand, but its no better than a ps2 controller. I'm not sure what i got it for, maybe....39.99...or was it 49.99?

Guest Rogue15

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the game boy color or game boy advanced yet...my sister got a gbc for christmas 2 years ago, and only has 1 game for it...monopoly anyone?

Guest Tie Guy

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the game boy color or game boy advanced yet...my sister got a gbc for christmas 2 years ago, and only has 1 game for it...monopoly anyone?

Well, i've got a GBC, and it is fun, but it is hardly my favorite console to play on. It is very fun on trips, though.

Guest Master Yoda

PC is my favorite for SW games. Though I think the GameCube will tie with it simply because of the better graphics than PC games, since games can be optimized for the GC and not for PC(Im not saying the X-Box or PS2 sucks either).

Archived