Home

New to the forums - got some questions

Aro

Been watching the progress of JK2 on and off - more off actually, since I a tad mad at LEC after Obi Wan was dumped for the PC and moved to Xbox

Now, since JK2 is almost here, I am very excited & ready to jump right in the middle of things with a few questions, which may have been already answered here in the past, but yet I am eager to find out about myself:

In no particular order:

-- will EMBM be supported (GeForce3, ATI Radeon, etc)?

-- can I play the singleplayer game completely with the Lightsaber if I chose to do so - as a true Jedi Knight would - or will the single player game require me to use other weapons as well?

-- will there be mulitplayer coop (so my Wife and I can play through the storyline together)?

-- will I be able to chop of limbs of my opponents with the lightsaber (or will there be future mods if the initial game ships rated "Teen")?

Thanks for your input!

Aro

Hello, Aro, *hands over a FAKE chocolate Jedi Medallion*:evil2: anyways, I can answers three out of four of your questions. First, the single player with only a lightsaber I belive was announced that you can do that. Which I find very cool cause I do enjoy the light saber in the single player game. Second, there will not be a multiplayer co-op unless they release a patch or a mod. It will not be there when it's shipped as far as the progress has been. Finally, you can chop off hands and arms, anything else..that'd be dirty. Gotta be able to walk I mean. :D On the video card thing I can't give you an answer only a guess, and well I'm sure a GeForce3 and ATI Radeon would be supported. I just can't confirm it, but the chances of it not being support would be like 3%

Originally posted by Aro

I'm not sure about this one, to be honest. I'd have to read through all the info again...why not check out jediknightii.net or the the official site for all the current information?

-- can I play the singleplayer game completely with the Lightsaber if I chose to do so - as a true Jedi Knight would - or will the single player game require me to use other weapons as well?

There is supposed to be a greater emphasis on the lightsaber this time, and one of the devs suggested it would be possible to complete the SP game with lightsaber and force powers. How difficult that would be was not really mentioned, however. ;)

-- will there be mulitplayer coop (so my Wife and I can play through the storyline together)?

Sadly, no. :( Although there is always the chance that a mod team could make a mod along these lines. There is always hope. :)

-- will I be able to chop of limbs of my opponents with the lightsaber (or will there be future mods if the initial game ships rated "Teen")?

At the very least, you should be able to cut off hands and arms. Legs and other body parts have not been confirmed yet...though I would be surprised if decapitations made it into the game.

Welcome (check my sig for your welcome gift ;) ).

Thank you both for the warm welcome and the answers to my questions :)

Really a shame though that no developer makes any coop modes anymore.

I loved to play QII cooperatively on NIGHTMARE mode with my LAN buddies back then, and enjoyed System Shock 2's coop add-on patch thoroughly... Why aren't there any more coop games popping up? Rember Hexen? Hexen 2? :D Great fun...

Good to hear that limbs are "chopable" - otherwise it would be less believeable. But slicing opponents in half would be an added bonus as well :)

EMBM = Environmental Mapped Bump Mapping and does, for example, wonderful water effects in real time, etc.

Here's a shot that shows EMBM water from an upcoming flightsim:

scr_f151.jpg

Cheers,

I don't remember where I read it, but JK2 won't support EMBM and doesn't have any special features specific to GeForce 3 or Radeon 8500. Don't fear though, it will however support the higher resolution modes that these cards allow, and developers recently added new fog effect, which is only one of many new features, so I'm sure this game will be visually rich enough. :D

Welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie too, dont'cha just love the hospitality?

*hands over the unofficial chocolate microchip (Copyright ©2002)* (Oh, that's just lame; 'soz Stormie. :))

EMBM? The up and coming stuff, huh? I doubt JKO, in development for some time now, would have it on release. However, maybe Raven will be kind enough to patch it to us. I heard EMBM does wonderful effects on smoke too, akin to the voluminous smoke technology that was being developed for Team Fortress 2.

Archived