Home

Saving Private Ryan vs. Jurassic Park

Guest Lord Tirion

What movie did you like best?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What movie did you like best?

• Saving Private Ryan
    • Jurassic Park

I saw JP when I was 10. This scared the poop out of me for a very long time. I also read the book which was one of the best books I've read besides Star Wars books. SPR is a good War Movie, but I like Jurassic Parks genre better. Therefore JP.

Guest Lord Tirion

?

How can you make a statement like that Tie Guy?? Saving Private Ryan has been out for about a year and that has survived the test of time?? Jurassic Park has already gone down as one of the best, most innovative movies ever and yet, you say that has not? ...

You are telling me that everybody has forgotten the infamous T-Rex and its roar?? Or the quick and menacing raptor scenes from that movie??

Guest SlashAndBurn

Jurasic Park is cool...no doubt about it....but it is no where near on par with Saving Private Ryan. Private Ryan is an epic story with characters that are believable and you can relate too. None of the characters in Jurasic Park are believable at all. And the story is more epic for Ryan. JP is good but its more of a fun ride type movie than a serrious piecs of cinema.

Guest Lord Tirion

As much as I respect your opinion on liking SPR better than JP, I have to question some reasons that people seem to keep re-iterating... believable characters. I mean, what makes the JP characters so unbelievable? Do you know any real life island that actually has dinosaurs with scientists running around on them? I dont. So how can you base the characters in a movie saying that they are unbelievable? In exactly what way would they have to be in such a movie to be "believable"? What would they have had to done? I think it is as realistic as possible if those conditions ever did come to be if dinosaurs were ever engineered. I think it is more realistic because of the fact we could not control them and they did break out because that is always the way of things.

I guess the problem lies in that SPR is based upon real events, and thus tries to take a more gritty realistic approach to its construct. (e.g. the handheld camera work on the beach) Whilst JP is a fantasy film, where the unexplainable and fantastic take precident, so the characters and their situation may seem harder to identify with.

Personally I hate it when Speilberg makes historically based films, like Shindlers List and Armistad. I believe the tragic events of our close history should be handled on an intellectual level rather than an emotional one.

I think he should stick to what he knows best, and thats a good ol' adventure!

I therefore plump for Jurrasic Park!

Archived