Home

Why I will NOT play Jedi Knight 2

Darth_Lando

*sigh*

[resigned] Darth_Lando, I am truly sorry that you must deal with such anti-sarcasm and semi-sarcasm as this. [/resigned]

Anyway now for some more.

4) Wait a minute, have you ever stopped to notice the blaster bolts? Unless they did something drastic (which I doubt) this will COMPLETELY repulst me from the game. They go SLOW! I don't know about you, but unless Kyle is secretly in some big computer program (inside the computer program) designed by evil robots to sedate humans to be used as battery power, I see no reason he could just run aside when he sees a blaster bolt comming! Even stuff like the bowcaster takes time to get where it's going!

5) Health packs? Well, maybe to stop the bleeding that's constantly hurting him, but after that he should need to sit down and recover for 3 or 4 days (eating, sleeping and going to the bathroom periodically of course) after getting hit once past his shields. And of course the concept of "hit points" is absurd, but I view it as a necessary evil.

6) Has anyone ever thought about the structural engineering it would tke to build Nar Shadda? I don't even know if that's POSSIBLE!

Do people really not understand the term sarcasm or something???

Probably one of the funniest threads I've read in a while due to people taking offense at such an obvious sarcastic statement. ROFLMAO.

I think some people only understand sarcasm if you put a big NOT after your statement. But don't quote me on that as you still might get flamed just for having a laugh.

Keep the sarcasm real it only confuses the weak minded.

I'm really a dupe when it comes to this matters,where I take really seriously.Which of you are talking the truth?

What?Kyle?A droid?How could a droid use force lightning?I should think that he would be electricuted first.However,Dirth Vedar,I'm not insulting you,but your point evokes mixed feelings from me.Good,because we thought that fool not to simply say things.My gripe,is as above.

Hey,Darth Lando,remember that almost ALL games are mere SIMULATIONS.not real-life games.No one would take so much pains to make a close-to-real-life game for you,take note.Thus,don't even hope for anything about that 'bladder meter' even when Jedi Outcast 3 comes out!Not even Kyle's shirt would be dirty even if he tramples through all sorts of terrain.

Personally, I thought Darth_Lando's post was funny. Then again, being Irish, I understood sarcasm before I learned to walk. I think a few people need to just lighten up.

To quote a little green jedi with big ears, "Taking the world seriously leads to stress, stress leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate... leads to suffering." Beware the Dark Side of the Farce.

*goes back and reads the entire post*

argh!

and this, children, is why u dont reply to posts when ur half asleep

i'd find this very amusing right now if i wasnt tired as hell due 2 writing a midterm and a final 2day

Personally, I thought Darth_Lando's post was funny. Then again, being Irish, I understood sarcasm before I learned to walk. I think a few people need to just lighten up.

To quote a little green jedi with big ears, "Taking the world seriously leads to stress, stress leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate... leads to suffering." Beware the Dark Side of the Farce.

A fellow Irishman..... :D I'm Half Irish...... U now have to adapt to be american..... first of all, u have to start speaking out of ur nose ;). then..... u have to replace words like you to u so u can fit in... and instead of saying Dobber u will say NooB. and oh yeh.... u have to spike up ur hair... like a dog out of bath.....

[sarcam^] actually... wait.. hmmmm. well take it serious if u want. :cool:

Lol :)

I can not bring myself to type "m8" instead of "mate". I'm never going to be able to say "u" instead of "you".

Americans should adapt to be more Irish.

((If anyone takes that in any type of seriousness, you are a hopeless moron :p and should be promtly removed from the rest of society))

Originally posted by Toa Tahu

I'm really a dupe when it comes to this matters,where I take really seriously.Which of you are talking the truth?

What?Kyle?A droid?How could a droid use force lightning?I should think that he would be electricuted first.However,Dirth Vedar,I'm not insulting you,but your point evokes mixed feelings from me.Good,because we thought that fool not to simply say things.My gripe,is as above.

Hey,Darth Lando,remember that almost ALL games are mere SIMULATIONS.not real-life games.No one would take so much pains to make a close-to-real-life game for you,take note.Thus,don't even hope for anything about that 'bladder meter' even when Jedi Outcast 3 comes out!Not even Kyle's shirt would be dirty even if he tramples through all sorts of terrain.

I apologize if my attempt at humor is causing grief. I hope no one takes the following statement too seriously.

As to whether Kyle is a droid, only Jan Ors knows for sure ;)

Also, they have Bladder meter in The Sims, which is just a game also, so I don't think it's that far fetched, hehe, in fact, the Sims have a hunger meter, fun meter, comfort meter, and a meter for hygiene. Now imagine a bunch of light saber wielding Sims shopping for sofas for their homes. They can also have jobs, starting with with jedi boot shiner, and you move your way up to become master jedi of the universe.

remember... sarcasm...

Now, I COULD have been being sarcastic there, couldn't I?

The problem is that irony travels TERRIBLY over text. Even if you don't put on a fake sarcastic voice when you are taking the mick there's still a certain something about the deivery that normally gives it away.

Of course, what Jedi Knight is really missing is realistic pain software that shoots laser bolts through your shoulder in real life when you get hit there in the game. I mean, how can you accurately play a wounded man if you yourself are healthy? Such an obvious mistake...

The problem is that irony travels TERRIBLY over text

how true :(

Of course, what Jedi Knight is really missing is realistic pain software that shoots laser bolts through your shoulder in real life when you get hit there in the game. I mean, how can you accurately play a wounded man if you yourself are healthy? Such an obvious mistake...

good point, but i think the designers left it out cos it takes away from the replayability of the game :| (imagine, ur killed by a sith master and instead of ur typical game over screen u are "rewarded" with a blaster emerging from ur monitor ;))

another reason is i think ppl will get so hooked on this game that they will not eat or sleep and the resulting fatigue will make it SEEM as though you're wounded

Originally posted by Dirth Vedar

Hehe, I think the lawsuits alone will sink Lucas Arts... It'll bankrupt them so bad that 20th Century FOX will have to make episode 3, ahahahahaah.

...it would still be better than Jar Jar and N'Sync together in one movie...

I always thought that when a player enters some kind of transportation in a game (Ex:Deus ex when JC hops on the train)

that the game should show whats going on during the train ride. Instead of just having a loading screen and then showing where he ended up. but nothing like a two day spaceship ride, thats obsurd, and yes I know it was sarcastic.

Archived