Home

Just curious, but was this link there before now?

mariners2001

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny funny... funny stuff...

Please, LucasArts will announce the demo, they want as many people as possible to know about the demo... they're not going to surprise us...

LucasArts must be having a lot of fun, reading these posts... :D

You can't, the site is secured that way... Of course, some sites don't have their folders secured and then you get the "folder view". LucasArts' site is secured so you can't see the folder contents.

It's too bad they don't release the demos through their own FTP server anymore, otherwise you guys could keep checking ftp.lucasarts.com all day long to see if they uploaded the demo, cause you have to upload the demo first before you upload the site with the link...

I've developed a hypothesis, well possibly they made the page blank as to see the fact that if people keep refreshing and going to it, it ties up bandwith so they just made it blank plus people might forget about it. I still don't think they just gave up, but are contacting places so they'll have mirrors to download it so it doesn't bog up the servers like crazy. So that's my comments, anyone agree?

I still don't think they just gave up, but are contacting places so they'll have mirrors to download it so it doesn't bog up the servers like crazy. So that's my comments, anyone agree?

Ofcourse they didn't give up. They have "contracts" with other sites that are specialized in demo downloads. Once that is all set up and the demo is ready they will announce it and BOOM, there is the demo. It will probably be another month or so...

I think a month is inaccurate, you are comparing it to the JK demo, I didn't ever play the JK demo nor was around to hear about it, I was alive, but not into PC games yet. What I'm trying to say is that this game seems to have a ton more popularity so knowing that it could be out next Friday update or the Friday update after that. To know and make an o.k. guess we'd have to know whether it's coming out early or late march--everyone hoping early early march--we'll see though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived