Home

I e-mailed ensemble studios about an LotR rts game...

Natopo

There is 0% chances they used your idea.

1) They don't have the rights to the LOTR license. LOTR is a big-time franchise - your have to pay for the rights to develop a product based on it. Universal Studios got the rights for the books, and I think that Fox got 'em for the movies.

2) They don't even LOOK at your ideas. If they take someone's idea, then that someone has the right to sue them for it. Thus, they just sent your email right in the garbage can as soon as they saw it, without looking at it.

To spark things a little ... the closest thing to an LotR RTS will be Warcraft III, it has orcs, humans, elfs ... maybe even dwarves and hobbits. These species are not copyrighted because they play in a lot of stories (yes, even hobbits).

So, altough Warcraft III is no official LotR product, I'm sure that there will be middle-earth based scenarios of it.

Another great game will be Age of Mythlogy ... altough this is not official fantasy, much of fantasy is based on mythology. So maybe that game will give you a little LotR feeling too.

An official LotR RTS is something we can only dream of this moment.

I'm getting Age of Wonders from ... *Russian Mafia member comes up to him and points gun at head*... an official source *mobster nods*. It's got Elves, Humans, Dwarves, Goblins and Orcs as some of the civs thier. It's got a level editor too, so u can make a LOTR type map on it. Check out Stratergy Planet for more info.

Archived