Home

Can anybody translate the new German preview?

Luke Flyswatter

Guest Sarcastic Saint

Talks about how you play in 8 scenarios (worlds i assume) divided over 25 lvls.

You have indoor and outdoor lvls.

Talks about 11 force powers incl. heal and jump and the "darth vader-strangle" thingy.

And how you can throw the lightsaber....which comes in handy in certain situations.

there are hitzones thanks to the GHOUL 2 technology.

Talks about the weapons.

1st person 3rd person etc etc...we all heard that before.

And ofcourse how your force powers (like healing it starts at lvl 1 then eventually it gets to lvl 3) level up from 1 to lvl 3.

And it says how the SP stands on the foreground compared to the MP like in Soldier of Fortune 2.

And the various modes of MP which we already know.

Then they something about how they hope that there will be good mods since its so easily modified....Q3 engine and all that.

Ok, after a general introduction laudating JK and DF, there's a little bit about the story:

It begins with a visit to the Jedi academy where Kyle get his saber back from Luke. It's also the Jedi who give him the job of tracking down a gangster. On his hunt, he finds something of great interest in the lab of a university, which leads him to the main plot....

There are 25 levels, divided into 8 or 9 missions. There's a nice mix of locations from the movies, the other games in the series and new stuff.

Also mentioned is the emperor's throne room on DS II, where Luke and Vader fought....(I suppose this will be new fuel for the speculating on a DS level...)

There are both vast outdoor levels, as well as indoor.

They especially liked the strom on a prison camp, with a huge dogfight between X-Wings and TIE's up in the skies above you, while you get greeted by hordes of enemys...

Next is a tidbit about the mixture of dark and light side forces, but nothing we don't know already

Interesting is a bit info about force heal: as we all know, force powers come in 3 levels. On lower levels, you can only heal yourself while standing still. On lvl 3, you can use it on the run or in combat.

They mention the possibilitie to choose your approach, may it be blast 'em all or sneaky...

They mention an inventory(kinda), with non-combat stuff like binoculars.

The rest is the usual stuff, buddys, ghouls hit location system, enemy ai, change from 1st to 3rd person...

They finally say that there'll be more stuff and pics in the mag version of the preview....

I'll tell you anytime this week...

Originally posted by Lord_FinnSon

Oh my! :eek: Now there are "over" 25 levels as opposed to earlier GameStar preview(you can find partial translation here) which said that "according to current plans, there are 25 levels."

I'm sorry to spoil the excitement, but I'm fairly certain that he means that the 8 or 9 scenarios are spread out 'over' (divided amongst) those 25 levels :(

Sorry :(

Okeyday. :jarjar: My mistake, but I thought it would demand too much work to make "over" 25 levels, when those 25 are already much more than they were originally planning to make(because of "short" development time they were given). I think we all have to raise our hats to their efforts to make this game shine with its every aspect. :D

Archived