Home

Expansion possibilities to JK2

WD_ToRMeNt

When you think about it, many successfull games (and we're pretty sure JK2 will be successful) end up having expantion packs.

I don't care about the SP, but it seems likey that in an expansion pack they would include new force powers. I'd love to see destruction and map + seeing brought back... along with a few maps from JK ;).

This is pure speculation, but I hope Raven is listening.

Force Seeing was an interesting power, but I always thought it was too cheesy. I like the idea of (as a Jedi) being able to sense where enemies are, but not in the form of an electronic map. I'd like it better if force seeing could allow you to actually see through walls. Maybe the three different levels of force seeing could be:

1) See glowing coronas of enemies, five feet through the nearest wall

2) See fuzzy images of enemies 20 feet through (up to) two sets of walls

3) See enemies perfectly for great distances through many walls

(For those of you on the metric system, sorry, but I don't feel like doing the math!)

Now what would make this a really great power is if you could slice or shoot enemies through the walls (like the rail driver in Red Faction).

Can you imagine how long the name would be.......

Star Wars : Dark Forces : Jedi Knight 2 : Jedi Outcast The Expansion Pack

That would never fit on the front of a box. Anyway, we havent got the actual game yet. There probably will be an expansion pack, but I wouldnt be to hasty about it. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that the actual game isnt delayed. We can then worry about expansion packs later :)

In terms of ability to 'Force sight' enemies - I would rather get some visual indicator of which direction enemies are located - and have that distance and walls, etc change with power levels. I was trying the MOH:AA demo, and when I was getting creamed by a stationary gun I paused for a second because the top 1/8th of my compass was lit with red ... then I remembered to move ;)

Perhaps seeing enemies through walls would be more of an 'active extension' to the 'passive' force sense I think they said we would get.

Mike

what you describer there as seeing trough walls is more like Superman, and Superman and Star Wars don't mix.

To be honest Vader vs. Superman would be total victory for Vader, Unless Superman was same as the Vong, but that aside.

I feel like things have to be a feeling rather then seeing it

in the end you must indicate it in the fp. but seeing them is not a good way i think.

Archived