Home

New Moderator!

Guest Sherack Nhar

Guest Sherack Nhar

Let's welcome our newest moderator...

DARTHFERGIE!

As you all know, he's been eager to join our ranks for a long time... but we didn't need any moderators back then.

But now... Mods are Admirals, and Admirals are Grand Admirals... To fill the hole, I picked darthfergie - he was our best candidate!

Let's all congratulate him!

congratulations darthfergie. Im happy for you

hey sherack nhar if there are any more holes could i be a mod too.

i can be very responsible.

i can send you my resume if u want

if you dont like the way i mod then u can always kick me out and reinstate someone who u think is more worthy

Guest Boba Rhett

*hands darthfergie a super special secret magical moderators welcome basket*

*points at private mod forum* ;)

Now go forth and spread the good word. :D

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

Let's welcome our newest moderator...

DARTHFERGIE!

As you all know, he's been eager to join our ranks for a long time... but we didn't need any moderators back then.

But now... Mods are Admirals, and Admirals are Grand Admirals... To fill the hole, I picked darthfergie - he was our best candidate!

Let's all congratulate him!

YAY! Great for him!

Congrats, Fergie... :D

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

THANKS SHERACK!!! THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY MUCH:D

BTW, does my rank change???:confused:

if everyone has moved up a step then wouldnt there be another place for another mod like a partner to darth fergie.

i was wondering if i could present to you my humble self asking you of there are any openings right now or is my fate to be postponed till darthfergie becomes admiral?????

Guest Sherack Nhar

We filled the moderator spot. If the need for a new one arise, we'll look into drafting another one - but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

Guest Tie Guy

Congrats Ferg!!!

But still, why can't i be a mod?!? You picked him because he wanted you to?!? No that i think he is unqualified, because that certainly isn't the case but no one spends more time or puts more into this board than me, and its not like i don't want to be a mod, i just think it is rude to ask for such a position....until now!

Oh well, i'll stop whining, maybe next time.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Congrats Ferg!!!

But still, why can't i be a mod?!? You picked him because he wanted you to?!? No that i think he is unqualified, because that certainly isn't the case but no one spends more time or puts more into this board than me, and its not like i don't want to be a mod, i just think it is rude to ask for such a position....until now!

Oh well, i'll stop whining, maybe next time.

Yeah... but those who ask the most... ;) j/k

I wouldn't mind ebing a mod... I mean, what would these froums be without me? ;)

Still, I suppose fergie deserved it, and I congradulate him on his promotion. :D

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by darthfergie

lol

Tie Guy you just have to work for the position...you have to let them know you want it because it IS a volunteer job...they can't read minds...I think...;)

No, its not a volunteer job. If it was, anyone who asked would be accepted. It is like a promotion at work. If you work hard and are productive and sty for a while then you will get a promotion. If you ask, teh chances are that he will be mad at you for asking and not give it to you. Sure, when you get asked to be a mod, you don't have to accept, but that doesn't mean it is volunteer, just that its not mandatory.

BTW, what do you mean "work for the position"? No one does work here at the forums (except the admins), and if you consider being here and posting here "working", then no one here has done that more than me, not even the mods or admins.

Like i said....oh well....i'm happy for ya.

Guest Sherack Nhar

Gee, now I feel bad for not picking every one of you...

Fergie is still on a test. If he's active enough (moderating-wise), he'll keep his status. If not, I'll pick someone else.

I'm a lot harsher with those I pick than Chris is *cough*Lord Jay*cough*

Originally posted by Tie Guy

No, its not a volunteer job. If it was, anyone who asked would be accepted. It is like a promotion at work. If you work hard and are productive and sty for a while then you will get a promotion. If you ask, teh chances are that he will be mad at you for asking and not give it to you. Sure, when you get asked to be a mod, you don't have to accept, but that doesn't mean it is volunteer, just that its not mandatory.

BTW, what do you mean "work for the position"? No one does work here at the forums (except the admins), and if you consider being here and posting here "working", then no one here has done that more than me, not even the mods or admins.

Like i said....oh well....i'm happy for ya.

lol

Tie Guy I was basically saying that you must submit that you want to take a job before you can take it...I think every mod that was selected here (with the possible exeption of Leon) asked to be a mod. Otherwise they will not even know you want to do it. By working for it, I meant you have to put SOME effort in letting them know you want to be a mod. If you just sit back and relax waiting for them to get you...they won't. You have to make things happen, they don't just happen for you. You never know...Sherack might let you in too...You never can tell what is in the mind of a Jedi such as Sherack...;)

BTW, What did you do with Jay??? Why havn't I heard this story yet???:D

**puts Mod-medal on fergie's chest**

I never asked to be mod for sure..

..but i did get about 4563 pm's from fergie asking you-know-what... :D

Now before that is interpreted as the 'way in'; DO NOT flood my inbox with those requests, thankyouverymuch..

welcome in; looks like we'll have a happy mod-team.

Guest Sherack Nhar

Last thing to clear up - asking or not asking to be a mod has nothing to do with the selection process. If we think there's a good candidate, we ask him if he'd like to become a mod first, through PMs. I even did that with fergie, even though I already knew the answer... rules are rules.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

**puts Mod-medal on fergie's chest**

I never asked to be mod for sure..

..but i did get about 4563 pm's from fergie asking you-know-what... :D

Now before that is interpreted as the 'way in'; DO NOT flood my inbox with those requests, thankyouverymuch..

welcome in; looks like we'll have a happy mod-team.

*LoL*

Leon you've got that all wrong!!! I sent you 4568 pms about it:D

P.S.-Leon doesn't mind flood his inbox;)

P.P.S.- Thanks for all your support guys :)

Archived