Home

how many shots will it take to kill a bad guy

Jeedii_zaarinn

depends on where you hit em :)

one shot in the foot wont kill him!!!

Personally i also hope that deflected shots kill more... In JK youd have to like deflect 3 shots intothem and then they might not even die... Looking at the movies that is nonsense!

one shot deflected to the chest or head = finito or should be

In JK they had a lot of shots to kill some enemies because they wanted to make some units tougher than others. In other words, the STs armor protects better than the officer's cloth. Makes sense to me. So, since their smallest unit of damage was....probably a repeater shot, they had to make STs take at least two repeater shots.

Of course, now with the damage system a head shot will probably be a one hit kill. Except maybe with Gammoreans, who take the saying about 10 lbs. of ugly fat literally. :D

(For those of you who don't know: "Want to lose 10 lbs. of ugly fat? Cut off your head!")

As far as SP is concerned, I really don't care if they go with 1 or 2 shot kills and try to be more "movie-like" or go with 3-4 shots like JK/MotS did (you could just explain it by saying that the armor standards have just improved in the post-ROTJ era) or else the movies only showed high powered shooting.

For purposes of game balance and overall "fun" I think it's okay to "tamper" with the precious minutae of the star wars universe.

As far as MP is concerned, I think that the current system will have to suffice. It appears they will be sticking with the shields system that Dark Forces, JK, and MotS had (unlike Obi-Wan, who was going off in a different direction). This means that you can always just have unshielded enemies die relatively quickly, but "shielded" ones will take more to kill.

You've got to consider the battles.. if they make everyone super weak and die in one hit, then that means your save/reload rate may be a lot higher, plus they'll have to make the AI blocking/dodging much better to compensate for the ease of kills. Then again, they could just put in a "realistic damage" mode and leave it as an option (all the modders out there can do this after the game is released too, if it's not in there already).

I would like to see it like in Quake 2 where you had someone just about dead but if you ran over them they'd get off one last blast before they died ... that would be good *especially* if you can hack off their legs - they'd be on the ground, but could squeeze off a couple of shots at you ... especially officers or other higher-ranking enemies.

Mike

Originally posted by Kurgan

You've got to consider the battles.. if they make everyone super weak and die in one hit, then that means your save/reload rate may be a lot higher, plus they'll have to make the AI blocking/dodging much better to compensate for the ease of kills.

One scene from the video: You firing a flechettte down at a Rodian, who does a very astonishing set of dodges and rolls to avoid the bullets.

(Of course, this could have been an MP shot, and if it is, that's excellent too, because it would show all those fancy moves to be useful :D :D :D)

A good point was made earlier.. in JK as we recall, there were the infamous "crotch shots" (against saber users).

The PC Gamer UK reviewer says it's just a matter of getting behind the jedi to hit him in the back. But what about the crotch?

I remember getting many a kill against people who forgot to protect their nether-regions.

Hopefully this will still be in the game...

Archived