Home

Saber Etching

+Nimbus+

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

If the animations couldn't work then i'd liek it as a sort of force except not listed go up to a wall and does a type of destruction power and when it cools you see the writing/art.

That'd be a better idea because you could see a small explosion and then your logo would be in the wall, you would have to worry about Katarn madly etching away.

No Q3 uses jpeg's and tga's. Might have to be a series of tga's to get the right effect. Since tga's are the only image format (supported by Q3) that uses alpha channels.

Then you'll have to type up a script for it in notepad for the shader effects, zip it up and then it would be ready to be used in the game.

For the noobs, they can just grab'em off the net ;).

Anyone remember Die By the Sword by Interplay?

That game had a cool system for DIRECT mouse/joystick/keyboard control of the weapon. Probably more work than the Outcast team cares to tackle this late, but it would be cool!

.. . Man,. .. I wonder if that demo is still out there somewhere?

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

If the animations couldn't work then i'd liek it as a sort of force except not listed go up to a wall and does a type of destruction power and when it cools you see the writing/art.

Personally, i think this is the best idea. It's much easier to do, rather than have Kyle carve a logo, which cant be colour.

I'd much prefer a force-logo type deal.... which we can have in full colour.

great idea, term :)

Archived