Home

GB League?

General Nilaar

Originally posted by DarthMaulUK

Hey all!

I have mentioned before about a huge league/ladder for GB.

I currently run a very successful SW Rebellion Ladder and I admin it.

I was planning to set up a Ladder for GB with different options for team play and clan stuff etc.

My website http://www.galacticbattlegrounds.co.uk will have full details when it is launched August 30th.

If you need more info, e-mail me

contact@galacticbattlegrounds.co.uk

DMUK

Wow! You run a rebellion ladder....and it's successfull?! I didn't think there is enough people to play rebellion to even have ladder matches. :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key would be to keep things simple so that people would actually want to run the thing;)

I think 7 senators would work well. One for each civ, plus one for whoever ends up being the head "league guy". One for every planet would require too many dedicated people.

I don't think it would be the 4 good civs vs the 2 evil ones, instead I think it would be everyone for themselves, making whatever temporary alliances were in their best interests. Our Star Wars universe wouldn't be able to be exactly like the real thing, it would be similar but different to suit the needs of the league. Think of it as an alternate univere where things really broke apart after the Emperor's death.

1. The Empire: Struggling to rebuild after the Emperor's death.

2. The Rebels: Trying to form the New Republic.

3. The Wookies: Decide never to serve anyone else ever again, they declare themselves independant and offer their "protection" to nearby worlds.

4. The Naboo: After being conquered by the Trade Federation and then later the Empire, they decide they must be able to protect themselves and build a large military, expanding their influence throughout nearby space.

5. The Gungans: As the Naboo expand, the Gungans are their close allies, expanding right along with them.

6. Trade Federation: With the Empire gone, the Trade Federation slowly begins a return to power.

That would explain how some of the less powerful civs have become a galactic power;)

Each Civ could have an "arch" enemy that they wouldn't be able to ally with (Rebels/Empire, Gungans/Trade Federation, ect) but otherwise the faction leaders could do whatever backroom dealings they want.

This is a great idea! An idea for it is to have each player be assigned an area of space and must defend it against attackers and conquer new areas all while being part of their civs senate. The player with the most area would be the ruler of that civ. The ruler would be able to direct the attacks of his minions. If a players total area is taken over completely than they could join their conquerers side or leave.:deathstar anyone? ;)

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by General Nilaar

Each Civ could have an "arch" enemy that they wouldn't be able to ally with (Rebels/Empire, Gungans/Trade Federation, ect) but otherwise the faction leaders could do whatever backroom dealings they want.

Why not, you should be able to ally with anyone. Didn't you ever read "The Truce at Bakura" or the NJO series?

We need to write these things down.

First off I place a vote for Alliances with anyone, makes it more interesting.

Second off We'll probably need to make a website for this, I volunteer to make one if thats ok with y'all

Ok let's sum up what we've got so far:

The Galactic Civil War League (or whatever it's called) will be a planetary league where there will be a galactic map that is split between the six civs. Winning battles will help gain your faction control over the planet you are fighting over. Win enough battles and the planet falls under your factions control.

Each civ will have an over-all commander, who will also serve in the senate. The senate will be made up of 7 people, 6 civ leaders and one neutral person (the Supreme Chancellor?).

Civ leaders will be able to arrange alliances, declare war, establish non-aggression pacts, ect. with other civs. There will be a forum put up for the league, including role-playing forums where everyone can have fun and act in character. In many ways I'm sure the role-playing forums will become the heart of the league;)

Each civ will be made up of many different clans most likely (though perhaps for this league we could call them units or armies or something). The leaders of the different armies would make up the high command for each civ with the over-all commander/senator having his own unit as well. Each civ leader would be responsible for making sure their civ had it's own website which could act as a "HQ" for that faction. Whether they designed it themselves or got another member to do it wouldn't matter, as long as it got done.

The basic background to how the factions got to where they are at this point in history are as follows:

1. The Empire: Struggling to rebuild after the Emperor's death.

2. The Rebels: Trying to form the New Republic.

3. The Wookies: Decide never to serve anyone else ever again, they declare themselves independant and offer their "protection" to nearby worlds.

4. The Naboo: After being conquered by the Trade Federation and then later the Empire, they decide they must be able to protect themselves and build a large military, expanding their influence throughout nearby space.

5. The Gungans: As the Naboo expand, the Gungans are their close allies, expanding right along with them.

6. Trade Federation: With the Empire gone, the Trade Federation slowly begins a return to power.

That about sums up where we are I think.

Now that we know where we are let's start moving forward again.

1. What happens if you want to change civs? I'd guess starting over with a whole new group of people, most likely without any significant rank, would be more than enough to make it both possible to change but still making you think about it a little before doing it.

2. How will the galactic map be handled?

3. How will battle result submissions be handled?

4. Who's going to make the website and then run the league?

After we decide on all that, we can start deciding on the make-up of the in-game senate/civ leadership. I'd just like to nominate myself right now for the Imperial leadership position :atat:

Hey, why do you think I suggested all this in the first place;)

To answer...

1. A different session is a good idea but wanna know what else is? Defection :evil2:

2. One could take the galactic map from Rebellion and use it. There are like 200 something planets in that game.

3. Through a reporting system ala battlestats.com. Or through E-Mail

4. I would do it if it wern't for the fact I don't know much html, and I start school monday.

Guest Admiral Thrawn

How about this, 1 person each controls a system, containing, maybe 10 planets. they have members, or shall we say repersentatives of these planets in the system that play 1 civ.

THe games for these planets would play with owner of the planet, and the owner of the system vs the owner of the the enemy system with one of his teal mates. If they win they have another system that they control, in other words there would be 100's of systems, if the clan or gaming group expands. Then you can form things like the New Republic, ect...

ok lets just use a forum for score reporting i mean wasting time through email and other ways is just stupid looooots of hastle

ok to change civs u would lose all rank with ur other civ and be considered a newbie once again u would have to fight within ur civ to regain ur lost rank and if u go to another civ and come back to ur old civ u should have to start at the bottom because there would already be someone in ur position:rolleyes:

who wants to make a map or something man it would take a long time but this would be huge fun and it needs to be done ......at least it is better than a ladder system i mean if u lose all ur work is lost and u have to start from the bottom again if u wanna rule a civ put urself up for like an election by members of your civ or maybe just a different position ....not leader ..... once we have positions for all to start in i think then u can battle between ur civ to move up in ranking ....... incentive to stay sharp on ur game skills huh??????? anybody have anymore ideas???????:evanpiel:

ps and there should be no civ that cannot ally with other civs i mean we cant be true to the movies all the time :rolleyes:

how about this, the players are generals and the leaders of the civs order these gen. into battle. the better you are the more ofen you get ordered into battle. there could be generals that specify in one area of combate. the map from rebbelion will do, but may be hard to pull off. we will need our own forem with threads for each civ and a stats thread. maybe a senate thread for the debates. a thread for each debate even. the players will be ordered to make maps for planets possibly using the descriptions from essential guide to planets and moons. it is possible that there could be battles for the posetion of astroid feilds. the factions would start off with one to 5 systems and the rest could be neutral. the battles for neutral planets will be made into recorded games for all to see on this site. these aggresstions would be autorissed by the senate.

sorry if this has already been said!?:o

reporting to gen. Nilaar. "i'm in for the imps, sir!!"

Guest god's sibbling

If you go with my brothers idea then each civ leader should have a name

trade fed=viceroy

royal naboo= king or queen

galactic empire= emporer

new republic= cheif of state?

wookiees= wookie concail leader?

gugans= boss?

:bdroid2::amidala::emperor::biggs::chewie::yoda:

should it be turn based?

it'd be cool not to ,but hard to make

Guest god's sibbling

who is with the trade fed! we need leaders

we might have trouble with people being th gungans and the naboo. i suggest that we start after christmas because thats when many will be getting the game.:bdroid2:

lets get something strait this is a good idea but its going to take somebody who is not only good on the web but must have the systam to do it can u immagine how long this would take on phone line;) i have fag phone line so i cant do it but ill help whoever decides to take this project on it sounds like a great idea man!!!!!:)

I am tentatively working on a sort of league. From what I've read it is something like the one described in this thread. As I said, it's still all just the framework, and can be easily altered with different rules, etc.

I am capable of programming it.

Maybe I'll post a little "preview" for comments and suggestions when I've written up the rules and general idea.

Like many I have no time to admin a GB league. Although the game is a long way off and, I think we should start now I have made a list of positions and jobs for people to fill. You may sign up for a planet or nominate a leader. PM me to do this. It is possible that some of the plants will be represented in the game in “real world” mode. It is on a first come first serve business. This list is unofficial and probably won’t be used. I have no experience in this and have never played rebellion. I suggest that the leaders are not newbies because they might not be accepted. Gen. Nilaar has signed up for the imps leadership.

I have not the slightest on how the senate is going to work. The leaders will tell the members of a team when they are battling. They will decide which planets to target for invasion.

Archived