Home

GB League?

General Nilaar

Anyone out thinking of creating a League for GB? More than just ladder play, I was thinking more of a planetary league where your battles would actually count for something. If you were part of a unit that served the Empire and you won a league battle, then the planet you were fighting on would fall to the Empire.

The main site could have role-playing forums where you could take the part of your character and alliances and deals could be made.

I'm not sure how you could mix all the civs together in the story, but if it took place after ROTJ with the Empire struggling to maintain control and eveyone else trying to break free into seperate independant nations, with the Rebels trying to form the New Rebpublic, it might work. You might have to bend things a little, because I can't imagine the Gungans as a major power in the real Star Wars universe, but I don't think it would be a big deal. I'm sure we're imaginative enough to think of something:D

Anyone already working on something like this? If not, maybe we could create something like this together? It would add a lot to online play if we were actually fighting for SOMETHING.

And it would give us plenty to talk about on this forum while we wait for the game to come out;)

So what do you guys think?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey Nilaar,

great idea !

there was talk about a battle-surveying forum with the Senate (see the thread).. i can imagine we could have a huge galaxy-like map, with players being able to expand to other territories by challenging the ones who occupy those area's.

i like it.. so much so that i would like to incorporate it in the first Senate draft...

anybody else got any ideas on this ?

The problem with that galaxy map might be how you handle newcomers when you do it Risk Like ...

In the beginning (God created the h... oh wait) each player could be given ... say 3 planets with a given landscape (one Ice, one forest, one desert or something tottally different).

Unlike Risk you don't have to fight alligned planets only ... But you can't cross enemy areas either (an area consists of the space between the planets that are of one owner ... unless an other players planet is between them). You can cross allied or neutral planets tough ...

Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

i like it.. so much so that i would like to incorporate it in the first Senate draft...

anybody else got any ideas on this ?

Have say...the Rebellion Galaxy Map and use it for this. If possible with the pop up interface. But this stuff would take alot of disigning so I'm not holding my breathe. And you would have say four Imps. attack a Gungan planet and 4 stars show how many open slots for the Gungans. Once people occupy them then its on to battle!!! Now if there were 3 imps that want to attack but nobody takes the 4th slot there they can make it 3 on 3. Or you could make it 2 on 2. But never 1 on 1 because one side could chase its counterpart out of existance in one day and most people want more than one person desiding their races existance:D But those 1 on 1 battle could take place in the Wargames Arena . While the 2 on 2- 4on 4 could take place in the Galactic Battlground

Well instead of every player having their own mini-empire you could just split it into the six civs with all players fighting for one of the six factions. I'd imagine player units for the factions would spring up, each one working together as a team but following general orders from that civs high command. Each civ could have a website dedicated to it with the latest news and general orders for all allied player units. These sites could be linked by the main league site.

There would have to be leadership for the factions, people who would enjoy role-playing on the forums while making deals, alliances, and of course declaring war on neighbors;)

When the Senate gets formed, it'll give us a good core group of dedicated players to work with. They could be used to fill out the high command for each civ....

I think we've got a good idea here, I'll just leave it there till later and see what some more of you guys have to say.

Would GalacticBattles.com be able to host the website needed for this project?

If we are going to follow this idea we need at least 6 senators to start with. But we are only planing on 5... Maybe we can Cange it to 7. It would still be an odd numer so no tie votes. 6 lower senator have power over the high commands. And the Chan. has power over the Senate...wait we may need even more than 7 though because you have to have an unbised Judge and Jury...

Guest crazy_dog

Hey that's bassically what I was going to suggest for my Ultimate Scenario!!!!! Maybe we could join the two ideas together. :rolleyes: (See my Ultimate Star Wars Scenario post in Scenario Design for details)

Sounds like a great idea! :D But what if someone got tired of being the same old civ? Would players be allowed to shift alliances? Also, what would happen if they decided they really didn't want to be that other civ, and wanted to come back to their original civ? Would the be allowed and if so would they still have their rank? :D

Yeah, and Senators could argue for the protection of their planets, after all if there is no planet for them to govern than they no longer are needed as senator of that planet! And then if your alliance takes a planet you would elect two new senators to watch over THAT planet! :D

Am I filled with great ideas or what?! :D

Guest Tie Guy

This sounds like a good idea.....i think, i'm not sure i fully follow but....

You wouldn't need 2 senators for every planet, just one. Two might lead to arguing between them. It would be much easier have one senator represent each of the 6 civs/clans.

Originally posted by Young David

That would be just clans ... With a clan leader in the senate.

I'd think that no clan-leader should be in the senate ... The senators must be neutral I think ...

And thats what I came up with! And we wouldn't want to steal my idea! Would we? :mad:;)

Hey doesn't RA2 have that feature? Global domination? Also Rember the ill fated total annihilation kingdoms? The had something called "darian Crusades" where each area is in conflict one goes to a side one for good one for evil. That area can be challenged again. There was a time span after a certain amount of days it was reset. There were specially mad maps for this kind of feature. The only thing is there are 2 evil (Trade, empire) and 4 good sides (Naboo, Rebels, Wookies, Gungan) I would defeinatley unbalnance the conflict.

It would be anice feature to add, but I don't want them to delay the game any further. I hope we can implement somthing like that that we can keep track of.

Here's an idea:

Each side has the following:

General, makes battle plans

Commanders, they carry out those plans

Diplomats, they negotiate alliances with other guys

A Senetor in the Galactic 6(Lame Name, I don't care)

Basicly each side has a senetor and there is one that is the Chief among them. If you've played Alpha Centarui then you can follow me better. Basicly of the 6 the 2 with the most territory would be candidates for a chief position. The Chief can veto anything that comes to him (Whatever that may be)

You could make a map for every planet and every time a planet is attempted to be conquered you pop up that map in Multiplayer and fight for that planet.

This is very doable with some help and work

a lot of ideas...and i like several of them.

i think the Rebellion map as your terrain is great..

why not stick with that ?

and why not have all six civs present on EVERY system ??

that way you can win back systems by forging alliances with other civs while you were chased away, and those allies could win it back for you.

A battle for a planet could play out like a mini-tournament...

We could call it the Galactic Civil War Tourney and have it go for about a year..

aaaaaa..... the horror of managing it !

Guest DarthMaulUK

Hey all!

I have mentioned before about a huge league/ladder for GB.

I currently run a very successful SW Rebellion Ladder and I admin it.

I was planning to set up a Ladder for GB with different options for team play and clan stuff etc.

My website http://www.galacticbattlegrounds.co.uk will have full details when it is launched August 30th.

If you need more info, e-mail me

contact@galacticbattlegrounds.co.uk

DMUK

Archived